When I first started teaching voice improvement, I had no idea how many fantastic benefits would result just by discovering your ârealâ voice. Yes, the voice that is powered by means of your chest cavity versus your throat and vocal folds (cords) is richer, warmer, deeper and mature-sounding. And, with your ârealâ voice, you can increase your volume without shouting and also eliminate vocal abuse.
The other results, however, are truly amazing and have nothing to do with the voice.
2. You will be able to eliminate minor pain. While this may come as a surprise, the reason is because in order to find your true voice, you must learn to breathe with the support of your diaphragm. In doing so, you eliminate the toxins in your blood that shallow or lazy breathing (which is typical of 99% of the population) is unable to do.
3. You will fall asleep faster and be able to sleep longer. Again, it is the breathing that makes the difference. I fell asleep during a double stereotactic breast biopsy which is like a 40-minute mammogram without anesthesia.
4. You will be able to eliminate much more of the stress in your life. Yes, it is because of the breathing.
5. You will have greater physical endurance. What this means is that you will be able to jog for greater lengths of time and even hit a golf ball further. Sounds incredible, doesnât it? It is true because I have heard this and more from my clients.
6. You will be able to lower your blood pressure. Wow! This one took me by surprise; but, one of my clients told me that when he gets on his exercise bike in the morning, if he breathes correctly with support, his blood pressure goes down.
7. You will discover the best means of controlling your nervousness in any form of public speaking.
8. You will look better because your posture will improve.
9. You will have more energy throughout your day again because you are filtering out those nasty toxins that upper chest breathing cannot do.
10. You will add more than 4 years to your life expectancy.
It is truly stunning how the right approach for improving the sound of your speaking voice will improve your life dramatically. Could your life use some of these benefits?
The Voice Lady Nancy Daniels offers private, corporate and group workshops in voice and presentation skills as well as Voicing It!, the only video training program on voice improvement. Visit Voice Dynamic or watch Nancy in a brief video as she describes Voice Power.