10 Tips on How to Handle Your Teenage Daughter!
It was touch and go there for awhile, but we survived the teenage years and so did our daughter, who will be 20 years old in December of 2009.
1. Remember that is she ALWAYS right. This will make life easier for everyone!
2. Respect her privacy. There are things better left alone. She will tell you if something is life threatening.
3. Do not embarrass her in front of her friends. Disaster is inevitable should this take place. Her friends are VERY important.
4. Speak in a calm voice. She will listen to what you have to say when things aren’t being said at high volume.
5. Learn her language. Teenagers have a language of their own. Beside, this will keep you “cool”!
6. Trust her! Let her grow by making mistakes and her own decisions. You have shown her guidance and leadership skills, let her implement what she has learned.
7. Listen to what she is telling you! Keep the communication lines open. Let her know that she can come to you for anything.
8. Do not judge. Expressing is a form of developing into the person she will become.
9. Tattoos and piercings may become an issue. Handle with caution! Talk this through carefully and calming and find out why it’s so important to her.
10. Cell phones and Ipods are a MUST for teenage girls. Be sure to get a plan with unlimited texting. It will save your life!
BONUS Tip #1: KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSE! Boyfriends are part of the clique. It is better to befriend anyone and everyone that is part of her life.
BONUS Tip #2: The best way to be a part of your daughter’s life is to be there for her and the best way to be there is to be able to Work from Home and achieving financial freedom.
Listen to my friends, Aaron and Sophia, tell their story about achieving the ultimate entrepreneurs lifestyle! http://raskins.7figurereality.com
Above All….Love her and enjoy her. She will grow up very quickly and you will want to have experienced everything.
By: Virginia Wild
Empowering others to succeed in business by guiding them in the right direction to become successful entrepreneurs and truly live their lives in the style that they deserve.