Did you know that you can easily use blogging as an effective internet marketing tool?
Blogging can be your personal take on just about anything but used wisely, it certainly can help promote your presence in the online world. Certainly, it is a way to instantly connect with your readers. You and your readers can share your real life experiences through your blog. Anyone with a computer and internet connection can blog.
There are many blogging platforms, some free, some paid. One of the best known is WordPress although I like to use SiteManPro to run my websites.
So what are the ten ways to make blogging a powerful internet marketing tool?
1. When you choose your subject, remember that your ultimate goal is to build your credibility as an expert in that area. Your readers will come to depend on your posts to be informed. Be sure to have all of the links to the various social networking sites on your blog so your post can easily be Tweeted or StumbledUpon.
2. The more of an expert you can be on your subject, the more readers will visit your site and pass on your blogging links. You may even get lucky and have companies notice you and get in touch with you to advertise on your blog.
3. Be sure to have all of the links to the various social networking sites on your blog so your post can easily be Tweeted or StumbledUpon.
4. Use an excerpt from a blog post in your email signature with a link to the post on your blog.
5. Have a signup box for people to subscribe to your blog. Have a special offer or exclusive information for those subscribers after they sign up.
6. Ask for feedback on your posts or ask your readers to fill out a survey. It’s a way of interviewing your readers and finding out their profiles and interests.
7. Join similar blogging sites or blog networks. Invite guest bloggers to post on your site. Or interview another blogger and post that interview on your site. Have the blogger interview you.
8. Use RSS. Having a variety of feeds will add interest to your blog.
9. Choose your keywords carefully. Make sure that your blog posts contain effective keywords that will drive traffic to your site.
10. Tweet your blog posts.
You won’t instantly become an overnight blogging success but obviously blogging is a powerful weapon in your internet marketing arsenal.
Virginia Lee is the founder and owner of Leenterprises (http://www.leenterprises.com) and Resources for Virtual Assistants (http://www.resourcesforvirtualassistants.com). Virginia is passionate about learning new skills and staying on top of the latest technology while helping people achieve their goals is a real passion. Can Virginia help you with your online success?