It’s important to reward yourself for your accomplishments during your weight loss journey. Reward yourself for behavioral changes as well as physical. After all the key to maintain your weight loss depends on the behavioral changes you’ve made along the way.
Your rewards need to be non-food rewards. The purpose of rewarding yourself is to strengthen your resolve to lose weight and maintain your weight loss. Rewarding yourself increases your awareness of all that you have accomplished.
1. Begin a “Success Savings” Put $10 in it for every week you've achieved your goal. Put $1 or $5 in it for every pound you've lost. You decide the amount of money you’ll give for the desired action. Such as for sticking to your exercise plan. Not pigging out when you were depressed. For each pound lost. For each day or week you stick to your meal plan.
2. Buy or make a special piece of jewelry – be it a bracelet, necklace, earrings or rings. Every time you wear it, you’ll be reminded of your successes.
3. Begin a collection – be it stamps, thimbles, spoons, dolls, action figures, sports memorabilia etc. Each time you achieve a goal, allow yourself to buy another item for your collection.
4. Get a massage. It’s relaxing and will reenergize you from the inside out. A little pampering can go a long way.
5. Get your hair done, either a dye, cut or do. Try something daring. Have fun and experiment with your new look.
6. Get a makeover with a professional. And when you’re all made up you may as well get a glamour shot. When you look good on the outside – you feel good on the inside.
7. Pamper yourself with a manicure and pedicure. Try a sparkling new color.
8. Have a night out at the movies with a friend you haven’t seen for a while. Skip the popcorn.
9. Enjoy a leisurely morning at the park. Breathe and take in the fresh air. Feed the ducks. Watch the children play. Get in tune with the simpler things in life.
10. Attend an Art show, a gallery or your local museum. Check your local paper for the exhibitions in your area.
11. Be a kid again! Go to your local amusement park and recapture the “awe” that you felt as a child. Skip the cotton candy, churros and funnel cake.
12. Buy yourself a new outfit to show off your new body.
13. Redecorate a room in your house. Let your creativity flow. Let the room capture the real you. Don’t be afraid to go a little wild.
14. See your favorite sports team play live. Reward yourself with the best seats you can afford.
15. Do something daring … Something you’ve always wanted to try. Go bungee jumping, hang-gliding, parachuting, white river rafting etc.
16. Get a new tattoo (or piercing). Something that’s uniquely you.
17. Have a long relaxing bubble bath in candle light.
18. Buy a new book and schedule uninterrupted time to read it.
19. Sign up for a team sport such as baseball, basketball or hockey. You’ll have fun, meet new friends, boost your metabolism and increase muscle mass all at the same time.
20. Fun in the Sun. Rent a boat and spend the day soaking up some sunshine with family and friends.
21. Go to a concert or theatrical event that you’ve been wanting to see.
Hope these have sparked your imagination. I’m sure you could come up with hundreds of ways you can reward yourself. After-all you know you best.
Your weight loss journey is your personal experience. It’s about you, every challenge you have overcome and every little goal that you have achieved.
Cindy Holbrook has always been interested in diet and nutrition due to her own weight struggles. At her website http://www.bestweightlossprogram4me.com you will learn the latest greatest tips and tricks to succeed at weight loss. By reading the unbiased diet reviews you'll be able to find the Best Weight Loss Program for you