Swiss chard is one of our most nutrient-rich foods and one that is so easy to prepare. It is a great complement to almost any meal.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 1 lb Swiss chard, chopped
• 1 medium clove Chopped Garlic
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• salt and black pepper to taste
• 6 kalamata olives
• 1/2 cup feta cheese
• 1 tsp soy sauce
1. Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting properties.
2. Use a large pot (3 quart) with lots of water. Make sure water is at a rapid boil before adding Swiss chard.
3. Cut off tough, bottom part of Swiss chard stems.
4. Add the chopped leaves to the boiling water. Do not cover. Cook for 3 minutes; begin timing as soon as you drop the Swiss chard into the boiling water.
5. Place in colander and press out excess water.
6. Transfer to serving dish and toss with rest of ingredients while it is still hot.
7. Using a knife and fork, cut Swiss chard into small pieces for better flavor.
This recipe is from the http://www.whfoods.org website, a very popular website which comes up #1 on a "Google" search for "healthiest foods" and "healthiest recipes." The website provides unbiased information with no commercial interests by the not-for-profit George Mateljan Foundation. George Mateljan is the founder of Health Valley Foods and author of six best-selling books on the Healthiest Way of Eating.