Have you ever wondered “What do I need, if I am to achieve something that I really want?" Well, there are, and there will be various factors that determine whether you achieve what you are striving for. Here are 5 keys that can be at your disposal when you are striving for an achievement:
* Determination – when you are striving for something, how determined are you to achieve it? In other words, what is your level of determination? Your level of determination will dictate your level of success. If you are inclined to just give up at the first sign of a hurdle, or a road block, then are you really determined enough? This is one question that you must ask of yourself! “How determined am I?” Now, this question can be applied to any area of your life (no matter how big or small the task at hand may be). My belief is that determination can go hand-in-hand with persistence. If you are determined enough, and persistent enough, you will be getting closer and closer to what you are striving for! So, please be determined and be persistent at the same time!
* Desire – you obviously have a desire for something, which you are working towards! Where does that desire come from? And, how will it serve you when you do achieve your desired outcome? Look for something bigger and beyond your desire, as you work towards what you are striving for. Desire can be a very powerful force, if used in the right context! So, keep your desire strong and alive as you work towards what you are striving for. That is the key. Once your desire dies, you will not be in the ideal position to achieve the outcome that you are striving for. Let your desire for your ideal outcome keep you determined.
* Drive – Now that we have spoken about desire, let’s look at drive! What is driving you? Desire is more of a feeling, drive is more practical and action oriented. So, what is it that puts fuel in your engine, and drives you forward to achieve what you have set out to achieve? What is it that drives you to get up in the morning, and take productive action towards your goals? What is it that will keep you going if or when you face a hurdle? Sure, you can substitute the word ‘desire’ with the work ‘motivation’. So, ask yourself this question “What is my motivation?” The simplest way to gain more motivation in your life is to look for a motive! The word ‘motivation’ contains the word ‘motive’. So, please use your motive to give you more of a drive!
* Devotion – how devoted are you towards your achievements? How will you maintain your level of devotion? Where is your devotion coming from? We often hear people saying “I am devoted to my job, or to my spouse”. Now, this devotion comes from a commitment. Are you committed enough to your desired end results? Ask yourself a question now “Generally speaking, am I devoted to improving my life?” Take an inventory of what you do which shows commitment to your own excellence! Then ask yourself “What can I do to commit myself more towards my own excellence?”
* Discipline – discipline is the mark of intelligent living! In any undertaking, having discipline will be very rewarding to say the least! Please ask yourself “What is my level of discipline in certain areas of my life?” Discipline is defined as “Control gained by obedience.” Discipline puts you in control! 2012 is an Olympic year. Please think about the competitors in this year’s Olympic games. How much discipline do you think they have had to implement in their lives before they will compete in London this year? Discipline sets you free, free from limitations that hold you back. Discipline pushes your forward towards achieving your desired end results, and being at your best. Without discipline, you will be wandering around aimlessly, and not getting to where you would love to be. With discipline, you will fast track your way to achieving your desired end results. One of the things that fascinates me about discipline is that once we implement discipline in our lives, we often inspire others to do the same. And, this comes without an effort! People tend to look at those who are highly disciplined, and get inspired by them! Will you be one to inspire others with your level of discipline?
I sincerely hope that the above mentioned 5 keys will serve you in striving for more in life!
Inspiring you towards your excellence,
Ron Prasad (Author, Speaker, Life Coach & Executive Coach)
PS: If you are yet to order my book, please go to www.WelcomeToYourLifeBook.com. For $19.95, you get the book, thousands of dollars in bonus gifts from some of the best personal development experts in the world (such as Bob Proctor, Marci Shimoff, Dr Joe Rubino), and you get to give back to the community by supporting my charity! I appreciate your support
Ronny K. Prasad is the author of the bestseller, WELCOME TO YOUR LIFE - simple insights for your inspiration & empowerment (www.WelcomeToYourLifeBook.com). He is also an inspired speaker who empowers his audience with his enthusiasm and energy. His passion is inspiring and fulfilling lives, and sharing his insights with people around the world. He actively supports animal charities in many countries.