This easy-to-prepare summer squash recipe is not only delicious but provides you with 33% of your Daily Value (DV) for vitamin C. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
• 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
• 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• Sunflower seeds
• Parmesan cheese
1. Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting qualities.
2. Heat broth in a stainless steel skillet over medium heat.
3. When broth begins to steam, add zucchini slices and cover. Healthy Sauté for 3 minutes (one half the time on one side, the other half on the other side), stirring frequently.
4. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
5. Toss with Mediterranean Dressing ingredients.
This recipe is from the http://www.whfoods.org website, a very popular website which comes up #1 on a "Google" search for "healthiest foods" and "healthiest recipes." The website provides unbiased information with no commercial interests by the not-for-profit George Mateljan Foundation. George Mateljan is the founder of Health Valley Foods and author of six best-selling books on the Healthiest Way of Eating.