Try this unusual combination of two great World's Healthiest Foods - kale and sea vegetables! And it only takes a matter of minutes to prepare.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound kale
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-1/2 TBS chopped dulse, rinsed (sea vegetable)
1. Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
2. Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
3. While water is coming to a boil, slice kale leaves into 1/2-inch slices, and cut again crosswise. Cut stems into 1/4-inch slices. Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out it health-promoting properties.
4. When water comes to a boil, add kale to steamer basket and cover. Steam for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to a bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing ingredients and dulse. Mediterranean Dressing does not have to be made separately. For the best flavor, toss with dressing while kale is still hot.
This recipe is from the http://www.whfoods.org website, a very popular website which comes up #1 on a "Google" search for "healthiest foods" and "healthiest recipes." The website provides unbiased information with no commercial interests by the not-for-profit George Mateljan Foundation. George Mateljan is the founder of Health Valley Foods and author of six best-selling books on the Healthiest Way of Eating.