Finding time to stay healthy can be challenging in the midst of holiday celebrations. But whatever holidays you celebrate, you don't have to give up healthy habits. In fact, you can still celebrate and have fun while maintaining and building on the activities that sustain you and add countless positives to your life.
Exercise is your key to staying ahead of the game when it comes to holiday festivities. So, the single most important gift you can give yourself at this time of year is to NEVER think you don't have the time to exercise!
Exercise possibilities are infinitely flexible. The only limits are your will and your creativity. So rather than thinking you don't have time, try these 5 Timely Tips to keep you on track throughout this coming season.
5 Timely Tips to Trim Pounds and Power Up Your Exercise Time
- Start by creating a list of all the activities that make you feel better. These might include sports-related pursuits, outdoor projects, activities like dancing, hiking, and rock-climbing, or enjoyable workouts at the local gym or pool. Make your favorites the cornerstone of your workout. Building excitement builds motivation.
- List which parts of your body you want to strengthen or tone, to enhance your motivation to follow-through and do what you enjoy doing. This kind of activity is a win-win, because almost any activity can be accomplished more safely and effectively with stronger core muscles. So, think about setting personal goals that will help you improve your form and avoid possible injuries.
- Once you've set your goal, list 3 new exercises that will help you accomplish it. Keep in mind that this doesn't have to involve a huge time commitment. You can strengthen most muscle groups quite efficiently in short bursts of activity.
- Next identify the exercises you can perform without needing many (or any) props. These will be excellent activities to use as 'breaks' when you are doing other things. Whether you are working at a desk or in your kitchen, on a couch or at a meeting, many of these exercises can be done almost any time. Examples include isometric exercises using no props at all, or activities using exercise bands, chairs, or walls as props. The key here is to use these exercise "breaks" to optimize two powerful benefits:
- Focusing on your target areas and
- Putting your worries out of your mind.
And don't forget to stretch and validate yourself, as you wrap up your exercise break.
- Build each exercise you've listed in #3 above into your day, and start by doing this at least 3 times during the week. Challenge yourself to do these exercises quickly and well. If you find it helpful, you can make a game out of it. Be sure to record your progress. (And you will definitely make progress if you stick with this routine!)
Maintaining exercise as a regular part of your day is a powerfully productive use of your time. You benefit in so many ways, including:
- Discharging tension,
- Refreshing your outlook,
- Flooding your body with oxygen and endorphins,
- Improving your flexibility and
- Enabling yourself to perform your favorite activities with increased strength.
How many other time choices can you think of that provide such a wide and powerful array of benefits?
So tuck these mini-sessions into your time repertoire and be sure to make special note of the workouts you welcome most. The success you experience will encourage you to keep building on it, as you explore new ways to make the most of your moments and find time.
And to move toward your Heart-Based Time Success, sign up for our free gift, the Finding Time Success Kit, which includes "The New Finding Time Boundary Template: 9 Simple, Sequential Steps to Find More Time and Recharge Your Energy!" Using a workbook format this powerful and practical time template helps you progress beyond disappointment and frustration. Discover that 24 hours really are enough!
Offered by Paula Eder, Ph.D., The Time Finder Expert.
Paula Eder, PhD is an internationally-known coach and published author who specializes in mentoring heart-based entrepreneurs and small business owners, from the inside out, to align their core values and energy with their time choices and behaviors to make more money, create more freedom, and find more time.
You can learn more about Paula’s unique, Heart-Based Time Management™ System and begin your transformational journey by signing up for her Finding Time Success Kit. Follow your heart-based path to finding time for what matters most.