The whispers of women are getting louder as they start to speak their truth . Yet many women entrepreneurs are holding themselves back by sabotaging their journey to success. More and more women need to start speaking up and speaking their truth about what they want to achieve in their lives instead of hiding behind some of the excuses we tell ourselves as to why we cannot have the success we want.
In order to become what you say you want, you need to stop sabotaging your success and staking your claim for what you believe in and why.
Are you truly living up to the potential and life you see for yourself?
Do you want to know if you may be sabotaging the very thing you say you want the most? SUCCESS!!!
Take into consideration the following, are you:
1. Thinking small. Do you stretch out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself to try new things? Do you dream of what is possible or do you think everything is good just the way it is and avoid change? Thinking small is narrow focused and limits the endless opportunities and possibilities that exist when you try new things. The world has many opportunities for us to seize! Shift your thinking and start dreaming of what would be possible if you had no limitations – no lack of money, time, or resources. Imagine an abundant world. What is possible for you?
2. Constantly seek approval from others. Do you hold yourself back by trying to gain approval from other people? Do you prevent yourself from moving forward until you achieve a consensus? Waiting for others to side with your choice and opinion can sometimes be difficult. Other people will have their own opinions and that is alright. What matters is what your expectations are and will you be satisfied with the outcome.
3. Take things too personally. This one area many women fall into – we do not want to hurt someone’s feelings even if they are not doing the work they have been assigned to do. Women make decisions emotionally but we need to be smart about it. You are running your business and life. You are in business to make money and provide a value rich experience. You need to start charging what you are worth. Why compromise yourself – you are a commodity.
4. Not asking for help or delegating. I always thought it would be cool to be Linda Carter from Wonder Woman but now I know I cannot do everything myself and neither can you. You need to ask for help or delegate your tasks. Do not overcommit or overwhelm yourself with tasks that others who are better suited to do the task and are proficient at it. Perfectionism needs to take a step back so you can be more productive at your desk.
5. Lack Self-Awareness One of the greatest self awareness tools is journaling. Self-reflection allows us to see where we can do better, collect our thoughts and ideas, and set goals and strategic action plans. Self awareness is self improvement. You must accept where you are so that you can get clear on where it is you wish to go.
6. Shameless Self Promotion This one area where women often struggle with sharing their gifts, talents, and abilities for the fear of being ridiculed. Women must start taking big leaps and start getting involved more in their businesses and communities. Women also need to speak up for each other and our rights more. You need to be proud of your accomplishments.
7. Do not set boundaries. Sometimes women get caught lying through their teeth as they say ”yes” to things they really wish they had the courage to say “no” to. Remember this phrase – “you teach others how to treat you.” If you do not set boundaries, people can manipulate your time without you even realizing it. People will ask to drop by or they will just show up and expect that you will drop your task at hand to tend to their needs. Set clear expectations and people often respect your wishes. As women, we should be standing up for these concepts readily and be proud.
Live up to your potential. Speak your truth. Give yourself the gift of YOU!!! Recharge daily!
Move from Sabotage to Success!
Debra Kasowski is a transformational speaker, author, and success coach. Debra is also the Founder/CEO of The Millionaire Woman Club. Debra Kasowski is best-selling co-author of GPS Your Best Life: Charting Your Destination and Getting There in Style and soon to be released author of The Entrepreneurial Mom's Guide to Growing a Business, Raising a Family, and Creating a Life You Love (Spring 2013). Get you Free Mp3 Download of the 7 Resolutionary Breakthroughs to Profit and Prosper by Taking Charge of Your Business and Your Life when you sign up for her ezine http://www.themillionairewoman.com