Each minute is a brand new start. Why wait until tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year to start fresh?
In any given moment we can check in and see how we’re doing. Are we rushed, stressed, sad, happy, anxious, content, breathing, etc?
The question is whether we’re too occupied in our thoughts and/or actions to be still and listen.
Every second and every experience is an opportunity to wake up and recognize the potential within you and it.
Think of it like this - have you ever eaten something stale? Right away you realize that it doesn’t quite taste right, it’s okay, but missing that goodness and freshness.
Moments aren’t any different. The more awake you become to them the more you can breathe them in and enjoy the newness.
Let’s say you’re at home or work and you didn’t handle a person or situation the way you would have liked; guess what? When you acknowledge that there is a bright new moment awaiting you, you can start over.
Yesterday’s bread may be days old, but today’s is just fresh out of the bakery.
We can’t go back and change things, but we can move forward in this very instant and grow, learn and expand.
The more minutes we acknowledge and breathe in, the more freshness we feel and experience.
1. Another moment, another breath to take deeply in and relax. Responding from a centered place benefits not only you but those around you.
2. Don’t beat yourself up when you think you "should" have done something differently; there will be ample new moments of opportunities for you to practice responding rather than reacting.
3. Recognize minutes that have passed are exactly that, in the past. This very moment is the only one that truly exists, therefore be aware of it as often as possible.
4. When you are acknowledge this second, you are pausing and taking it in and who knows what can happen when you awaken to it.
5. If you look at each moment as fresh, new, innovative, unmarked, original, bright and creative, just think of the possibilities.
6. Pausing for an instant as often as possible allows you to be with you and that very moment. How much more beautiful can it get than that?
7. Everything can be hectic, busy, loud, etc, but when you stop, there is a stillness that is peaceful and promising.
Since the majority of us have busy schedules, and even for those who don’t, it can be difficult to remember to seize the moment, but when you do, you reap the benefits.
The more you practice being still, the more insights are revealed, the more peaceful you will feel, and the more moments that won’t be missed.
Remember, by the time you recognize this moment it will be gone.
The Insight Technique™ assists you in awakening to this moment and therein lies the freedom from stress and suffering.
Remember, when you Shine, the world shines brighter because of you!
Kimberley Cohen is the Founder, Facilitator and Personal Insight Coach of The Insight Technique™. She is certified in Body Mind Counselling, Process Oriented Body Work and Spiritual Psychotherapy. She founded the Insight Technique™ - Your Insight to genuine Happiness, Purpose and Prosperity to assist herself and others in uncovering and discovering their brilliance. To question and understand your thinking so you can transform what blocks and limits you from living the life you desire and deserve. Or "living your dreams".http://www.insighttechnique.com