The Secret To Success In Direct Sales
I replaced my full time job with my home party business in about 9 months. I am often asked “what is your secret?” referring to my successes in my direct sales business. The secret is that I treat it like a business or a profession. There are ...
I replaced my full time job with my home party business in about 9 months. I am often asked “what is your secret?” referring to my successes in my direct sales business. The secret is that I treat it like a business or a profession. There are certain business practices that all successful businesses follow. They are called best-business-practices. One best-business-practice that all successful businesses follow is to write and rewrite annually a business plan.
A business plan has three purposes:
1. Provides clarity and purpose
2. Gives you IRS compliance when taking home office deduction
3. Gives you a road map for success over the next year
Not only does a good business plan spell out your goals, mission and purpose but it also provides you with actions to take. When you have a plan in place you will have a better understanding on where to invest your time and money.
Here is an example of the type of details a plan may include:
The mission of Snuggy Bunny Baskets is to:
1. Have a customer base of at least 10 annual “repeat” customers
2. Service my customers in the best way I can
3. Sponsor active Independent Representatives
4. Support and train my recruits in the best way I can
5. Be an active part of the business community
6. Attend monthly & yearly business meetings
Marketing & Sales:
Snuggy Bunny Baskets will use the following marketing methods to promote the mission statement: (other methods will be incorporated as necessary)
1. Home Shows
2. Catalog (Book) Shows
4. Pass out business cards
5. Give gifts & promotions (of company products) to family, friends & potential customers
6. Attend (or join) local professional organizations
7. Fund Raisers/Basket Bingos
8. Business meetings over a meal
A IRS direct sales specific business plan template makes it easy to plug in your own details. Listen to an audio recording on Creating A Business Plan.
Your business plan is a perpetual work in progress. It will change from time to time and year to year and without one your goals will most likely elude you. I encourage you to complete your business plan as soon as you can. It is amazing what it will do for your business.
Deb Bixler retired from the corporate world in 1999 to enjoy life as an entrepreneur. In the first 9 months in the direct sales industry she built a sales team and cash flow which provided her with an income capable of replacing her corporate business salary of $80,000 per year. Deb achieved the top honors offered in her company in personal sales every year for 7 years in a row and earned the President’s Club 5 of those 7 years. This prestigious award goes to only the top 20 of the 67,000 sales representatives in the company.Join The Tele-Seminars