Intuition is a great emotional intelligence competency to have. It expedites decisions and is a very sure way of knowing. It also helps us stay safe.
From an extensive study of intuitive people, these are the traits they're most likely to have.
1. A woman over 40 with an advanced degree in one of the mental health professions.
2. Says she was born with psychic ability and can point out a parent or grandparent who displayed a lot of it too.
3. Tendency toward bilateral dominance (two-handedness or two sidedness).
4. More than likely an only child.
5. Tendency to be a night owl and sleep very little with frequent interruptions in sleep.
6. Presence of some talent and experience in the arts, often in more than one modality (music, dance, art, theater, poetry, design, etc.).
7. Tendency to be a little dyslexic or else an exceptional student and sometimes both. Greater than average chance of having a photographic memory or total recall.
8. Lots of experience as a mediator--formal or informal.
9. Tendency to experience phases of temporary endocrine system dysfunction popping up and then subsiding (thyroid gland, adrenals).
10. Powerful need to spend time alone or in nature on a regular basis.
People with these traits have an easier time accessing their intuition and developing it. However, intuition is not something for the privileged few. We all have intuition and it's just a matter of pumping up the volume and inviting it into your life. Working to develop your intuition and to learning how it speaks to you can help you make decisions.
How can you pump up the volume? One way is to work with an Intuition coach. There are also ebooks and Internet courses that can help you.