For those who take life too seriously
The fact is life is supposed to fun! Do you see fun on the faces of most of the people you come into contact with during a day? And what do they see when they look at your face?
As a speaker specializing in personal empowerment, I find most audiences lately exhibit an unhealthy level of fear, stress, self esteem and a lack of energy.
Coincidentally many of them also have this deep wrinkle centered on their forehead right over their nose. I called it the “Yikes-wrinkle” for obvious reasons.
But at the risk of seeming condescending, I need to say that I too, use to wear the Yikes-wrinkle. It kept me company and started and ended many of my days, months and years, until one day I finally retired it when my brain gave birth to an interesting concept that appealed to me and stuck with me for good.
Years later, I share the concept with my audiences and find that it not only helps them lighten up, but they begin to breathe deeper, ease back in their seats a little and then finally abandon their own Yikes-wrinkle right there in front of me. This concept is simply called “The Game of Life”.
The Game of Life: You are a spirit and you are part of a bigger team. Prior to your birth, you were in a big room with all your spirit teammates deciding which one of you will get to play a game called "LIFE". The game is a journey that you (with the help of your team) create and the object is to have as much fun as you can. Each team member gets a chance to play the game at some point. This is your turn.
You are so excited because…well, its fun! Your entire time will accompany you and make the game easier and more fun if you simply remember to access them. They cannot reveal themselves to you unless you call on them because…well, that’s part of the game!
Just like any game, there are instructions that you go over in preparation. The instructions read:
1. Congratulations! You are the lucky player chosen to play the game of “LIFE” during earth years 19__ - 20__. Have a ball!
2. The object of the Game is to create, have fun, experience, and love.
3. There is no competition, no rush to the finish line. There are no losers, everyone is a winner.
4. The rest of your team is connected to you even though you won’t be able to see them.
5. Your teammates hold the key to knowledge, abundance, connections and whatever else you need and they can only supply these things to you if you ask.
6. You will choose a “purpose” for the Game and your goal is to always remember (because living on purpose will bring you complete fulfillment).
7. You will choose a vehicle (mind and body) that will stay with you throughout the Game. Treat your vehicle kindly and it will be your best friend.
8. Once you begin the Game, an Ego will find you and accompany you on your journey.
9. Ego’s goal is to stop you from remembering that you are a Spirit and to stop you from remembering your purpose.
10. Ego has a bag of tricks that include fear, limiting beliefs, obstacles, lack of self-worth, separation for your team…and other silly illusions.
11. Ego’s illusions have no power over you unless you allow them to. Remember, you are a Spirit and much more resilient than Ego!
12. If Ego starts to undermine your fun or your purpose, consult your team who will diminish Ego’s power.
13. The game will end when the timer goes off. You will set the timer before you begin the game.
14. Have as much fun as possible!
15. The key to getting the most enjoyment out of the game of “LIFE” is to:
a. Keep Ego in check
b. Access your team regularly
c. Love and take care of your vehicle.
The concept of life being a game has enabled many to lighten up and eliminate the Yikes-wrinkle. If you begin to think of life as a game, and that you came here to have fun, create and discover (remember) your purpose, you will truly enjoy the experience.
This light and easy mindset is a must as you make changes and try new things. Every time you start to expand your comfort zone, Ego (that judgmental voice inside of you) may try to interfere and say things like "You can't be famous, the odds are stacked against you” or “You don’t have what it takes to start that business” or “You shouldn’t try that, it’s scary and you'll never succeed" or “You can't do that, they won't like you” or “You don’t have the money for that” or “You’re not smart enough!" and these type of false illusions continue throughout your life. But the good news is, you truly are a Spirit and you really do have a “Team” (Higher Power) that is right there with you for your entire life.
So, when the Ego starts that irritating chatter, simply access your Team and ask for support to squelch the Ego’s voice and strength to help you proceed forward with enthusiasm.
I encourage you to stop taking life so seriously and start to enjoy this amazing Game that you were so excited to participate in!
Lynette Landing is an enthusiastic speaker, personal development coach, business owner and a professional member of the National Speakers Association. Lynette is an authority on personal empowerment; specifically building self esteem, overcoming strife, coping with change and expanding one’s comfort zone. Once a penniless, single mom forced from her home with her 6 year old son, Lynette abandoned her complete lack of self-worth and became engrossed with studying the habits of leaders, self-made successes and entrepreneurs. She developed her own life-changing tricks to creating a successful life and manifesting her heart's desires. Today she helps others to set and surpass their own goals by bringing her motivational message to individuals and groups. Visit www.LookfortheSun.com for more information.