For me, there is no one particular approach or technique in discovering how to become a master of my spiritual destiny. As a matter of truth, I have not really mastered any one thing fully. Every day, every situation in some way is the same yet in some ways, different, so... What I have done though is become better in some things today and I was say, a couple of months ago, a year ago, 10 years ago or even a lifetime(s) ago. My reminder is, "A little progress in many areas is better than no progress in most."
I do have some spiritual exercises and techniques that I diligent and consciously practice on a daily basis (http://www.BeeBlessedDaily.com). Some of them I practice when I'm in the midst of one of life's challenges or a worrisome situation or a problem or an answer I need to resolve. Many of you may already practice some of these techniques or perhaps have heard or read about them on your journey. I have listed my daily spiritual exercises for you to use or modify and use to fit your own unique self.
1. Every morning before I start my day, I fill my heart with love.
• I sing a love song to God, The Source, Divine Spirit…I sing or chant the word HU (sounds like the word hew). Then I contemplate. Some people pray or meditate.
• I write a Gratitude List. I list everything that I am grateful for before my day begins. (A couple of my favorites are: I AM grateful for the gift of another day, I AM grateful for life and what life reveals to me today.)
• I write in my my Days of Soul Journal every single morning! Sometimes I pen about a dream journey I had the night before, a feeling I may have upon arising, my thoughts at that moment.
• Taking responsibility for everything that happens for me has been one of the best
• On a separate sheet of paper I write 15 times, I AM declarations. (Some of my favorites are: I AM a Divine Spark of God; I AM in accord with God's Will and God's perfect plan for me).
• As my day unfolds, I make it a point to be awake and aware and I consciously do my daily tasks in the name of God and Divine Spirit, which includes all that I do, say, how I act and respond, and I do everything for the good of the whole. I AM a happy, healthy spiritual being; I AM in accord with God's will and God's perfect plan for me.
• As my day unfolds, I consciously do everything in the name of Divine Spirit, which includes everything I do, say, think, feel and how I act and respond. Whatever task I perform, I do with love and for the good of the whole.
• Every day I write in my Day of Soul Journal. I sometimes write about a dream experience, if I had one the night before or a waking dream that I had during the day, the day before; or what I'm feeling at that moment...
• Taking responsibility for everything that happens for me has been, by far, one of the best spiritual exercises I've put into practice. It is the one spiritual exercise that has brought me the most on my journey.
I cherish the gift of life. Going within for answer and for guidance is my mainstay rather than solely relying upon reason and logic; by listening to my inner nudges and my Spiritual Master, which resides within and then, taking action. “If you don't know where you want to go, any road will take you there.” Do the absolute very best that you can do, do it with love and for love, be the best you that you are capable of at the moment, surrender and leave the rest to Divine Spirit.
May the blessings be!
Brenda, though sometimes called “BJ” hails from the Motor City. She and Tommy Bee, a former jazz disc jockey in Los Angeles, known as the Voice of Jazz, for over twenty-five years now reside in Phoenix. She was a frequent contributor to the Awakened Soul, a newsletter for a non-profit organization, in California and writes articles that empower. As a public service, she conducts Workshops and leads Discussion groups as a community service.