Writing articles related to your product or service is an excellent way to boost your sales without costing you a dime. Search Engines are constantly on the look out for freshly written content. So how do you come up with ideas for your next article? Here are ten tips that will certainly help:
1) Hang out in online discussion groups. Watch what people are talking about. Look at the questions they are asking. The topics that are bringing the greatest number of visitors would make for an excellent article.
2) Take a look at what information is being broadcast on TV, radio, newspapers, and online. They can be invaluable sources to help you determine what's 'hot'.
3) Read quality blogs. What are people posting about? What kind of comments are they leaving? What questions do they have? Blogs are the internet marketing medium of the moment and you can literally find blogs on any topic. This is an excellent source for your next article idea.
4) Survey your current customers or website visitors. Ask them what kind of article they would like to see in your next ezine or published on your site.
5) Check online and offline bookstores. What are the top sellers? This can be a good way to come up with an article that catches the attention of what people are reading.
6) Be seasonal. Write about what is going on that time of year. Holidays, festivals, sports, graduations, etc. all makes for an article that someone will want to read.
7) Write an article about a current fad. There is always something that is hot at the time and could make for interesting reading from you.
8) Keep track of what your customers and prospects are asking you. If you get an email or phone call with a question this may make for a good article. Others may have the same question, but are afraid to ask it.
9) Use your intuition. What will everybody be talking about next Christmas? Read books and articles by futurologists about societal trends and then take a hunch on what people will like to read about a year down the line.
10) Start a swipe file on what others are writing about. If it is of interest to you it will probably be of interest to others. Never plagiarize the work of others, but you can certainly get good ideas this way. The biggest benefit of a swipe file is having it handy to refer back to over and over whenever you are ready to write your article and are not sure what you want to write about.
If you still find it hard to write about your idea, you can hire a professional to ghost-write it for you. The costs are not as high as you may think and, considering what's at stake, it could be the best investment you ever make.
Nadeem Azam writes about make money online. He is an experienced online entrepreneur and now manages a network of over 70 profitable US and UK websites.