93% of home internet business fail. WHY! Well... There's alot of reasons for that. So here is some friendly advice to help you narrow your search for a home business.
1. Money!! This is A MAIN reason home businesses fail. They let the cost of starting the business make the decision for them. This is a big NO.. NO.. If you let how much it cost make the decision instead of who you are as a person, then you will fail. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but it's true. You have to give yourself a personality check first. Like are you social or anti-social? This is very important to help you make the right decision, not you budget. If the business doesn't fit you, I don't care if it only cost a $1 to $10000 to start, it's not worth it.
2. HYPE Most people just say yes to the blinking lights and flash movies for starting a home business. But when it comes down to starting it, they CHICKEN OUT! Why... "hey, it looks good and sounds good, but I was just surfing around". That's what usually happens so you have to be prepared for alot of wishy-washy people. Some people can't handle rejections or people that sign up and don't do a thing. You REALLY need the right mind set for this.
3. TIME Boy... this one is classic. Want to start a home business, they told you it will only take 2-5hrs a day, so you figure you do it after work.. right? Or you joined a program that said get paid while you sleep, so you joined thinking NO WORK..right? Sorry to disappoint ya.. but you have to work hard in any business venture. At least the real ones. You have to be careful because most of those get rich overnight scams are basically chains. You pay $20 for a one page website you advertise how to get rich with just $20. Or you sell how-to information that most people can get for free! But if you decide to join one of these programs, check the better business bureau, before you lay your money on the table.
4. SUPPORT You wanted to start you own business and everyone, including you mom, is against you. Why do you think this happens? Misery loves company. If you found the right business for you, and you become really dedicated, all of the sudden, everyone will be negative around you. But think of it this way, if your goal is to make $100,000 a year, why are you listening to people that only make $40,000 a year? I know alot of people who quit because they listen to another broke person tell them they will never make it and fail. I personally hate it. But most people don't even realizing they are doing it, they think its helping you not hurting you.
5. WHY!!! The most important reason alot of home businesses fail because they didn't concentrate on their WHY!! You're WHY will keep you motivated and focus, when reasons 1,2,3,4 are against you. This is the reason the other 7% of people are successful. Don't you hear the stories? Haven't you paid them any attention? They tell you their stories, what happened to them, why they started their businesses.. THEIR SECRET FOR SUCCESS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!! DUH!!! If you keep focused on your WHY, nothing or no one will hold you back... PERIOD!
Mother of two. 8yr old daughter with autism, and 6mth old son. Started home business after I gave birth and want to be a stay at home mom. Building leaders and friendships is what I love to do. I'm down to earth, and tell the truth behind alot of scams and businesses.