Before I give you my seven tips for becoming successful, you must understand the definition of the word success.
It is to handle effectively and accurately the affairs of life. This is the definition of success as taken from Ancient Script. Do not circumvent these steps. Now since these steps were originally written in Hebrew (the Old Testament), I am going to give you the definition in English. Assuming you have goals and have implemented plans to obtain these goals, here are the steps to take in chronological order (as they were written) to follow.
1. Be strong and of a good courage - The Hebrew word for strong is chazaq. It means to fasten upon, seize, be obstinate, restrain, conquer, be constant, maintain, prevail and withstand. The Hebrew word for courage is `amats. It means to be alert, steadfastly minded, fortify and increase. So, to begin your adventure in successful living you must first seize opportunity, and then be constant in the belief that you can be successful by keeping a steadfast mind and staying focused.
2. Be strong and VERY courageous - I wonder why He said it the second time and added the word VERY? Was it because it takes more than a temporary fix, reciting a motivational thought for the day, and being just average about the whole thing? ''Well heck. If it is to be, it is to be. That is the way the old cookie crumbles.'' Is that your philosophy for success? If it is, you will never be successful. It takes bulldogged tenacity and above average strength (mental) and courage to be successful.
3. Observe - Now how does that apply to success? The Hebrew word for observe is shamar. It means to take heed, guard, protect, look narrowly, regard and watch. It means that as you travel your success pathways, you need to keep track of where you have come from and where you are going. That way you will NOT get off track to your success destination
4. Don't turn to the right or the left - Sounds easy doesn't it? But too many get off track by chasing other things that have nothing to do with the original plan. Be alert!
5. Prosper - Now here is a word I like. The Hebrew word for prosper and success are the same. It is the word sakal. It means to be intelligent, expert, instruct, prudent, teach, understand and guide wittingly. Therefore, as you become successful you are to share it with others. Don't hoard! Teach others what you have been taught. Isn’t it amazing how people never prosper and succeed because they will not invest in their minds? What a waste!
6. Meditate - The Hebrew word for meditate is hagah. It means to ponder, imagine, study, talk and utter. When is the last time you actually meditated on your success adventure? How do you know you are going the right direction if you don't stop long enough to meditate on it? Too many are chasing the reward (money) before they have ever worked for it. Script says to cease from your consideration of it (chasing money).
7. Here is the cliffhanger and challenge! Script says ''For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success.'' Notice the words, THEN? It means that after (and not until) you have followed all the steps, you will be successful. See the word SHALL? It is a mandatory clause. It means that IF you follow all the instructions, you SHALL have great success.
I wish you the best of success,
Dr. Wm. G. Seavey
Founder The Winners Circle
Dr. Seavey has been teaching the dynamics of personal success for many years using time honored principles and disciplines for maximum performance for the whole of man, body, soul and spirit. He is the Founder of The Winners Circle and the Author of The Mustard Seed Lessons For Living.