1. Realize you have a problem. To not do this is delusion.
2. What you complain about the most is your problem. It is yours to solve. No one else can do it for you.
Others can help, but the final decision rests with you.
3. Stop talking your problem. Talk the solution.
Talking about your problems all the time is to pile misery upon misery.
4. Make a list of those problems causing the most trouble.
5. Prioritize the list, A, B, C and so forth. DO NOT list blue Mondays, rainy days and heavy traffic. Those are not problems. That is called living life. You couldn’t change them anyway.
6. Deal with A and leave the remainder of the list alone. When A is solved B becomes A and so forth. Move through the list with determination. Remember that living life will always be mixed with difficulty. Change what you can change. Others will take care of what you cannot change. That is their assignment, not yours.
7. Make a list of your blessings. Think this one through. What you take for granite is many times a blessing. Any day above ground is a GREAT day. Be thankful for where you are. Your problems are only permanent if you choose to make them so.
Ask your self this question. Has what you have been complaining about all the time changed? If not, you are burning excess energy and going nowhere. It is like spinning your tires on ice. You go nowhere until you get some traction. Some problems are not yours to solve. Some problems you will not solve alone. You will need help. Do not be afraid to ask for it. Stop trying to change what you cannot change.
A man hits his thumb with a hammer while driving a nail into a piece of wood. He screams with pain, but only until the pain stops. Constant complainers keep hitting their thumbs with the hammer, continuing the pain. They want someone to notice that they are in pain. As long as you continue to treat your past with negative reactions, the pain will never go away. No one notices a complainer who changes nothing.
I wish you the best of success,
Dr. Wm. G. Seavey
Founder The Winners Circle
Dr. Seavey, America's Doctor of Motivation, has been teaching the dynamics of personal development and growth for many years using time honored disciplines and principles for maximum performance. His Mustard Seed Lessons For Living have been impacting audiences world wide helping people to be all they were created to be.