Living with anxiety is certainly no fun but developing anxiety coping skills can help you to live a more productive and happier life. Seeking treatment and therapy for your anxiety is an important first step; however, it is also important to know there are a number of self healing techniques you can use on your own to make it easier to live with your anxiety.
1. For example, you may find it quite helpful to develop a skill that allows you to control your anxiety. Anxiety typically involves frequent worry. Instead of allowing that worry to control your life, choose a place and even a time where you will focus on your worries. Ideally, you should select the same time and place to focus on you worries every day. Use this time to focus on what you can do to solve your worries. Avoid focusing on what might happen and instead shift your focus toward what is really occurring.
2. Work on developing relaxation techniques. Relaxation techniques are great anxiety coping methods. Great examples include meditation, yoga, muscle relaxation, deep breathing exercises and biodfeedback. Muscle relaxation is one of the easiest techniques to learn and can be practiced anywhere and at any time.
3. Begin looking at ways in which you can eradicate some of your anxiety. This may involve examining issues in your past which may be contributing toward the anxiety you are experiencing today. If you do not feel you can confront those issues in reality at the moment, begin by at least imagining that you are confronting those issues. Then, when you feel comfortable with that scenario you can begin working toward confronting them in reality.
4. Consider using journaling as technique for coping with your anxiety. For example, make a list of the things that are going on in your life which cause you to feel anxious. This technique may reveal insight into areas of your life that are contributing to your anxiety and which you may not even realize. It can also serve as a great outlet for your anxiety.
5. Focus on leading a healthier lifestyle. While exercise is important for everyone, it is particularly important if you suffer from anxiety. Getting a moderate amount of exercise on a regular basis can do wonders for your anxiety levels. Along those same lines, make sure you are eating a well-balanced diet, drinking plenty of water and getting a good night's sleep each night. Also, avoid caffeinated beverages, alcohol and drugs. Remember that these items are stimulates and will only make your anxiety worse.
6. Finally, take the time to develop a support network of people on whom you can rely when you feel anxious. Sometimes, simply speaking with someone who understands your situation can help tremendously. Consider joining a support group to discuss the ways in which your anxiety has affected your life and also for learning about other anxiety coping techniques.
Sign up for the FREE and powerful ecourse on how to beat anxiety and panic attacks, called "The Anxiety Diet".
Click Here to Sign Up