As the daily grind and extra work schedule takes its toll on your general health and well-being, do you ever long for time and space to recharge your batteries? The day spa experience offers the perfect option when you can’t getaway for longer than a few hours. Enjoy a break from the everyday routine and stress. Your can disappear for just a short time and make yourself feel like you’ve been away for a week.
Each day spa offers its own menu of services and typically includes various types of therapeutic massage, facials, body treatments, manicures and pedicures as well as luxurious body wraps. Aromatherapy is often added to the spa treatment to provide another element to the overall experience. There are different procedures in each spa, but in general you will be given slippers, towels and a fluffy robe.
Therapeutic spa therapies used by ancient civilisations have been re-born in various forms to suit the modern-day spa-goer. Why not try one of these wonderful spa treatments that originate from around the world.
1. Enjoy a body wrap in seaweed, clay, mud or plant extracts for the ultimate relaxing and detox experience. Relax tired muscles, enhance blood circulation and nourish the whole body.
2. A Swedish or Thai massage will soothe, relax and invigorate the body. The experience is enhanced with therapeutic essential oils.
3. A European Facial will hydrate, soothe and purify the skin. Therapeutic products include calming and anti-aging ingredients.
4. A treat for your feet! The treatment begins with a soak in a soothing footbath. Gentle removal of dry skin is followed by a foot and leg massage. Leave toes natural or apply the latest color.
5. A Full Body Scrub with sea salt followed by a Vichy Shower or Hydrotherapy treatment with aromatic oils completes the treatment.
6. Feel the stress melt away with a Hot Stone Treatment! Allow the warm aromatic stones that are gently placed on your body to relieve the stress of the day.
So take that well deserved day off. Find your perfect spa spot and put the spring back in your step. The ultimate day spa experience awaits.
Spas in Canada © Copyright 2005
For more information contact the spa team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angie Kocsi is co-founder of www.spasincanada.ca. After many years enjoying the great spas in Europe and drawing upon her experience and knowledge of the corporate world, along with a successful career in Public Relations and International Marketing Spas in Canada was created. For more information contact the spa team by email: email@example.com