The Chemistry of Emotions and our Brain's Electrical Wiring.
1. Each emotion causes various peptides / hormones to be excreted (through hypothalamus and pituitary gland) that are received by the cells and lock into receptors on the cells themselves. (Phd Physiology and Biophysics Candace Pert)
2. These are like drugs that the cells become addicted to creating a vicious circle of reoccurring emotional situations and states.
3. Every time we repeat a thought or emotion, that creates connecting links called synapses between brain cells (neurons). These synapses create a complex net of "information" called neuronets that then dictate our reactions towards certain stimuli. These become programmings that limit our emotions, reactions and behavior. These learned pathways of electrical flow in the brain also become a vicious circle in which we tend to repeatedly recreate the same emotions and situations.
4. What we see is actually not produced by our eyes in our brain, but by our brain itself. The brain takes the inputs from the eyes (40 times a second) and reconstructs what we "see" from what it already has experienced felt and believes. Our perception is especially affected by emotional charges from the past. To a great degree what we see is a function of our previous experiences. We tend to see what we believe and ignore what we do not.
5. The brain reacts in the same way when we "see" something and when we remember it. We often do not see what we are not trained to see.
6. When we intervene and learn to perceive, feel and react differently, this reverses the chemical dependency and electrical wiring - freeing us to choose how we want to perceive, feel and react rather than the usual ways that have become our chemical and electrical programming. We can change these processes.
7. There appears to be a morphogenetic field (Biologist Rupert Sheldrake) or collective unconscious (Carl Jung) in which we are all connected and from which we develop common traits, so that when one person changes the way he or she thinks and reacts, that makes that new reaction more accessible to all others sharing that common morphogenetic field.
8. In Washington DC an experiment was conducted with the help of the city police department. Four thousand meditators were brought in for the summer to meditate a number of times daily in the city. As in 48 previous studies in other cities, the crime rate was reduced by 25%.
9. Dr. Msaru Emoto's (Japanese) water study has very visually and impressively shown that our thoughts and feelings can seriously and completely alter positively and negatively the nature of water when it is crystallized,
10. Experiments of Dr. Larry Dossey. He separated identical cells into two beakers and put the same amount of poison in both beakers and prayed for those in one beaker and not for those in another. Those in the prayed-for beaker had a 20% higher survival rate. Then he did the same experiment visualizing light in the cells in one beaker. Again there was a 20% higher survival rate. When he repeated the same experiment both praying for and imagining light in the cells in one beaker. there was a 40% higher survival rate. His thoughts and intentions were affecting the cells.
B. About the Heart, Brain and immune system.
1. Our emotions affect our Heart Rate Variability (HRV). Negative emotions create an erratic heart beat with intense and rapid changes. This then causes confusion in the brain clouding our clarity and seriously reducing the effectiveness of our immune system. Five minutes of anger reduces come aspects of our immune system for five hours. Emotions are programmed energy.
2. Five minutes of love or gratitude positively affect our brain and immune system for five hours. They also increase our clarity of perception and thinking as well as our creativity.
3. We can purposely focus on the heart area while cultivating feelings of love and or gratitude in order to strengthen our immune system, clarity and decision making and problem solving ability. We call this the "Listening to our Heart Technique." (Described later on.)
Robert Elias Najemy is the author of over 20 books, 600 articles and 400 lectures on Human Harmony recorded on CD and DVD. Download for free 100's of articles and find wonderful ebooks, guidance, mp3 audio lectures and teleclasses at www.HolisticHarmony.com.
His books The Psychology of Happiness, Remove Pain with Energy Psychology and six others are available at www.amazon.com
As a life coach with 35 years of experience, has trained over 300 Life coaches and now does so over the Internet.
Info at: www.HolisticHarmony.com/introholisticcoach.asp