Heels are the ultimate feminine accessory, so is it any wonder that most crossdressers salivate at the sight of stilettos? As a petite woman, I share your passion - but let's face it: learning to walk in heels is a daunting task for genetic women and crossdressers alike! Fortunately, it's something anybody can master with practice.
Ready to polish your supermodel strut? Here are 10 essential tips for walking in heels:
1. Work your way up. The higher the heel, the greater the challenge, so start with a pair of heels no more than two inches tall. Once you've mastered that pair, you try a higher heel.
2. Practice standing in heels. Before you take your first step, practice your balance by standing in heels. Experiment with different poses as you get used to the added height.
3. Improve your posture. Keep your shoulders back, your spine tall, and your chest forward. Good posture keeps you steady in the highest of heels.
4. Take a few steps. Now you're ready to walk! Take your first steps on a hard surface since carpet can throw off your balance.
5. Point your feet forward. Beginning crossdressers tend to turn their feet out as they walk, so remember to keep both feet perfectly parallel.
6. Keep your legs together. Women walk with their legs close together, so imagine that you are placing each foot along the edge of a ruler – you shouldn't have more than two inches between your feet.
7. Shorten your stride. Big steps can trip you up; instead take small, delicate steps. The higher the heel, the shorter your stride should be.
8. Straiten your legs. Bent knees throw off your balance and look inelegant. Practice walking with strait legs.
9. Challenge yourself. Once you've mastered the basics, try turning in different directions. Take a few steps on different floor surfaces and practice your stride on stairs.
10. Practice makes perfect. Walking in heels is totally different from walking in tennis shoes, so don't expect instant success. Just keep practicing and soon you'll be strutting with the best of us!
Feminization expert Lucille Sorella publishes the popular weekly ezine, "Free to Be Fem," to help crossdressers and transsexuals express their feminity in a positive way. Discover free feminization tips and learn how to look, act, and feel like a real woman at http://www.freeyourinnerfemale.com