In western world, Chakras and Reiki is combined. The body has seven major chakras, from the root (perineum) up to the crown (the top of the head). These chakra meditations are performed to feel unique energy within the body and around. It is activated by regular practice and maintains the energy levels in the body. Mostly, chakras are meditated in groups especially in the Reiki class but you can also do them on your own. Only by meditating more chakras, you can know the energy generated and the flow of energy in the body.
Steps to follow for meditating chakras:
1. Get comfortable in your seat.
2. Start and concentrate with the regular deep breathing exercises - in and out.
3. Take your attention to your root chakra (perineum).Envisage on red color and concentrate on root chakra for couple of minutes. This will create a connection between you and the earth.
4. Move to your sacral chakra (between your navel and your genitals). Envisage on orange color and remain at the chakra for a while. This will create a bathed situation in creative juices.
5. Next is the solar plexus chakra, which is between the navel and chest. Picturize and imagine on yellow color and remain for few minutes. This will create a unique power deep in you.
6. Fourth chakra, focus on heart chakra (center part of the chest). Visualize and focus on green color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes. This chakra will make you feel the power of love.
7. Go to the next level of throat chakra, (throat). Visualize and focus on blue color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes. This will create and let you sense a unique vibration in the body.
8. Go to your third eye chakra (at the center of your forehead).Visualize and focus on indigo color and concentrate on the chakra for few minutes.See your vision expanding.
9. Final is the crown chakra, which is at the top of your head. Envisage on purple-red (violet) color and remain at the chakra for a while. This chakra will connect you with the spirit.
10. Let the energy flow out from your crown and down over your body. While the energy flows in a body, you will have an aura.
11.Then, focus on the energy flowing from root chakra to crown chakra.