âOnly when you've been to the deepest valley, can you know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountainâ
The title of this book is âlivethislifeâ - Metal Mindset.
Before we create a Metal Mindset, we need to first understand and define what negativity is and how it impacts us.
Isn't it strange when a person complains about not having enough time to be happy, yet, they have ample time to be sad?.
Whether or not you have ever been in this state of mind, has nothing to do with having sufficient or insufficient time. It has everything to do with complaining, after all, complaining is the negation of happiness and let's face it, you can't complain and be happy at the same time; it's just not possible.
âMost people are about as happy as they make up their minds to beâ
My advice...keep your distance because this disease in people is insidious and contagious and can bring you down like the flu. Have you ever been around a group of people who just flat out complain all day, every day, that nothing ever goes their way, and everything is always too difficult or too hard?
I have, and this was at the lowest point in my life, and perhaps the main contributor to my mental demise those many years ago. You see, I was once quite a successful basketballer representing my State plus winning a National Championship in the Australian Basketball Association in my younger days, yet, somewhere along the way, I lost motivation, and allowed myself to get tangled up with this insidious crowd who managed to bring me down to their level....
They were just like leaches, sucking any success or motivation I had. Now that I look back, I can see that they did this because they felt threatened, insecure, envious and intimidated. They weren't prepared to climb up to my level so instead they dragged me down to theirs.
Unfortunately, 80% of the world is geared this way so my advice to you, spend as much time as you can around successful people so you live and breath positivity.
To minimise the risk of self doubt, don't expose yourself to it in the first place; it's that simple.
I found out the hard way! Once you start letting in negative thoughts and unmotivated people, it has the ability to mutilate, cripple and corrode your own spirit.
Perhaps the most telling signs of a person broken by negativity is obscured vision, which causes you to become confrontational, apathetic and cynical and, let me assure you, my parents could vouch for that at the time!
To make it absolutely clear what types of behaviour and people we are trying to avoid here, let's just review the types of negative effects:
1. Complaining: Don't do it, it's worse than doing nothing. Everytime you complain, you dig a deeper hole for yourself and it only makes it harder to climb out. If you start, stop it, and replace it with something positive. Turn your bad habit into a good one.
2. Negative attitude: None of life's problems have ever been fixed looking for someone or something to blame. You have no alternative but to make positive thinking work for you. The glass is half full....start appreciating what you have, instead of scarring yourself with what you lack.
3. Stress less: Do what makes you happy more often and replace this with worrying less about what you're not doing. Stress not only has the potential to damage the immune system, it delays success and saps energy and motivation.
4. Negative people: Remove yourself from these people. Negative people try and bring you down to their level instead of rising up to yours. They prevent themselves from seeing any good around them. Follow and socialise with positive people.
5. Selfishness: This is a dominant trait of negative thinkers. People who haven't grown up yet, firmly believe that the world should revolve around their wishes, therefore become unhappy if their childish desires are not fulfilled. This poisonous attitude stagnates them and prevents them from growing and learning to deal with life's challenges.
6. Negative affirmations: Any negative talk to ourselves or others is a subconscious form of programming. The human brain absorbs like a sponge so what we say to ourselves or others, we believe, so any form of negative affirmation is just setting us up for failure and disappointment.
7. Negative imagination: We form beliefs through imagination. By allowing negative images into our head, we create a world that we are forced to live in. In other words, what we see we believe so put a stop to all forms of negative imagery.
8. Impatience: Impatient people spend their time looking for quick fix solutions that don't exist and become frustrated when they fail to find one. Anything worthwhile in life requires effort and persistence therefore, if you lack these qualities, you achieve nothing.
10. Infection: Negative people are not only harmful to themselves they are harmful to the rest of the world. Negativity is infectious so remove yourself and only promote,
live and encourage positivity. Success is a direct reflection of positivity.
Remove, reverse and replace all ten aspects with positivity and you will see some amazing life changing results. If the people in your life don't accept your new positive attitude, separate yourself and move away from them.
âYou are free the moment you do not look outside yourself for someone to solve your problemsâ
Hi there, my name is Mark Piercy,
owner and developer of Live This Life.
About six years ago I had hit rock bottom in life. I was depressed,
had no job, was overweight and feeling quite sorry for myself.
I needed to make a change in my lifestyle in order to get out of the
rut I was in so I turned to the health and fitness industry.
Since that day I have transformed my life into something special. I now work for myself helping others who are in the same situation I was in those many years ago. Today I find nothing more satisfying than helping others achieve their goals and dreams in life.
My mission with livethislife is to transform bodies, change mindset, create more energy and motivation and give people the knowledge and tools they need to make a positive change and transform thier current lifestyle.
"Commit and I guarantee you amazing results"