As business owner, if you hire contractors, you need to furnish each contractor a completed Form 1099 by Jan 31. You also need file 1099-misc Copy A of all paper Forms 1099 with Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns, with the IRS by Feb 28.
Are you headache of the tax reporting now? For this tax season, you can take benefits from the features of ezW2, the easy-to-use 1099 & W2 printing software, which is trusted by thousands of users.
ezW2 1099 W2 software was specifically engineered with non-accountant business owners in mind. Its intuitive interfaces allow the user to get started on filing and printing Forms W2, W3, 1099 and 1096 without the long learning curve typically associated with financial software.
Followings are the 5 simple steps to printing form 1099.
Step 1: Start ezW2 software.
If you do not have this W2 and 1099 software installed, you can download it for free from
http://www.halfpricesoft.com/w2-software-free-download.asp. No registration needed and no obligation. You can follow the step by step online instructions to finish the installation in minutes.
Step 2: Set up company information for 1099 reporting
You can access this screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Company”.
You need to enter the general company information for w2 and 1099 forms, such as Company Name, Address, Tax ID and others.
Step 3: Set up 1096 information
You can access this screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->1096 information”.
You need to enter the filer name and contact information here. This information will be displayed on both forms 1099-misc and 1096.
Step 4: Add 1099 contractors
You can access contractor by clicking the top menu “Current Company->1099 Contractor list”. You can add a new employee or edit or delete an existing one easily by clicking the link on this form.
You can also import contractor information quickly by using 1099 import form. You can access this import form by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Import 1099”.
Step 5: Enter 1099 information and print 1099 forms
You can access this 1099 editing screen by clicking the top menu “Current Company->Form 1099”.
- The payer information will be filled automatically.
- Once you select the contractor from the contractor list, the recipient information will be filled automatically.
- Fill in the boxes on the 1099 Form.
- Click the Question icon or the instructions link to get help.
- Click the 'save' button to save the 1099 information.
- Click the 'Print 1099 Forms' button to print the different 1099 Copies for this recipient. ezW2 can print forms 1099-misc copy A, B, C, 1 and 2
- Click the 'Print Instructions' button to print 1099 instructions.
1. Form 1096 will be generate automatically based on form 1099 information
2. ezW2 allows user to set up unlimited companies with one flat rate. So if you have multiple companies or you are an accountant, you can add new company by clicking top menu “Company Management->New company”
About ezW2, 1099 W2 preparing, importing and printing software
ezW2 2010, W2 1099 software from halfpricesoft.com, is affordable but fully functional software designed for the non-accounting small business and accountants who needs to file and print Form W-2 and Form 1099. Known for affordability and ease-of-use, ezW2 tax form-printing software is backed by top-notch customer service from developer Halfpricesoft.com that has earned the trust of thousands of small businesses.
For more information about ezW2, please check
P.O. Box 17067 Louisville, KY 40217 USA
Fax: (866) 909-6448
Founded in 2003, Halfpricesoft.com has established itself as a leader in meeting the software needs of small businesses around the world with its payroll software, employee attendance tracking software, check printing software, W2/1009 software and barcode generating software. It continues to grow with its philosophy that small business owners need affordable, user friendly, super simple, and totally risk-free software