Vitamins, one of the most essential nutrients required by the body, can be broadly classified into two broad categories namely, water-soluble vitamins and fat-soluble vitamins. Water-soluble vitamins (B vitamins and vitamin C) get flushed out from the body; therefore there arises a need to consume these vitamins on a daily basis. On the contrary, fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamins A, D, E, and K) get stored in the body's fatty tissues. There are distinctive kinds of vitamins and each vitamin play a unique role in promoting health fitness.
Here is a list of different vitamin types:
* Vitamin A: it helps a great deal in improving your eyesight. Also it aids in maintaining healthy skin. Rich sources of vitamin A are: eggs, milk, apricots, carrots, spinach and sweet potatoes etc.
* Vitamins B: vitamin B is a list of multiple vitamins like B1, B2, B6, B12, niacin, folic acid, biotin, and pantothenic acid. Vitamin B aids in generating energy that the body utilizes to carry out its activities. Vitamin B also participates actively in making red blood cells that carry oxygen to different parts of your body. Rich sources of vitamin B include whole grains, such as wheat and oats, fish and seafood, leafy green vegetables, dairy products like milk and yogurt, beans and peas etc.
* Vitamin C: it helps in strengthening your gums and muscles. Vitamin C found in citrus fruits like oranges, also aids in healing wounds. It enables you to overcome infections. Foods rich in vitamin C, apart from citrus fruits are: tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage and strawberries etc.
* Vitamin D: it works towards strengthening your bones and teeth. It also aids in absorbing the calcium required by the body. Foods rich in vitamin D are: fish, egg yolk, milk and other dairy products etc.
* Vitamin E: It takes care of your lungs and also aids in formation of red blood cells. Good sources of vitamin E are: whole grains, such as wheat and oats, leafy green vegetables, egg yolks, nuts etc.
* Vitamin K: vitamin K helps in the maintenance of normal levels of the blood clotting proteins. Good sources of vitamin K are: leafy green vegetables, dairy products, like milk and yogurt, pork etc.
Vitamins to Increase Energy
Do vitamins give energy is a question that confuses millions of people. Well, vitamins do not directly serve as a source of energy, but they aid the enzymes that generate energy from the energy producing nutrients like protein, carbohydrates and fats.
Vitamins Good for Hair
It is the deficiency of B vitamins (especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid) in your diet that lead to hair loss.
Vitamins for Healthy Skin
Taking care of the skin means different things to different people. For many, it means a simple splash of water, using soap for cleansing purpose.
Vitamins for Weight Loss
It is difficult to list out best vitamins for weight loss, but yes definitely there are some weight loss vitamins that deserve a special mention.