Whether you’re searching Internet listings for divorce attorneys NYC or you are simply interested to know more about who is opting to dissolve their marital union in America today, the Web can reveal all. Learn who to contact for assistance with your New York City divorce. Learn who is divorcing throughout America. And prepare yourself if you believe that your irreconcilable differences will eventually lead you to leave your marriage. There are many knowledgeable divorce attorneys New York-based to help you with whatever legal questions you may have.
Even those who are in happy marriages find the differences in divorce rates interesting. After all, we wonder who is opting to end their union. It’s why many people flip to that page in the newspaper immediately; we seem to have an innate draw to know facts such as these. Take a look at the divorce rate information shared below. Know that rates fluctuate constantly; do not take this information as an absolute. And certainly, if you have thoughts about ending your own marriage, select a talented divorce New York professional.
- Currently, about one in every two marriages eventually ends in divorce. Though this percentage fluctuates at about 40-50%, it is pretty correct.
- Depending on the region of the United States, divorce rates differ. According to a report entitled Marital Events of America: 2009, those in the Southern states are the most likely to have marriages that end in divorce. If you live in the Northeast, however, your chances are lowest that your union will dissolve in such a way. This includes, of course, the state of New York.
- Keep in mind that with any data, results can be skewed. More marriages occur in the South, so it seems natural that the divorce rate would be higher there. In Arkansas in particular, the divorce rate is quite high. For every 1,000 men who marry in this state, 13.5 will end up divorced. Alaska has the highest rate of divorce where women are concerned, with 16.2 of them divorcing per every 1,000.
- The thought process among some researchers who attempt to explain the Southern averages is that people tend to marry at a younger age in this region, perhaps before either partner is truly ready to enter into such a commitment. No matter the reason, with years of Southern divorce rates being higher than the rest of the country, there is definitely a good solid legal community that has arisen to counsel those in need of a Southern divorce.
- New York divorce rates are commonly below the average. That may be good news to you if you are heading into marriage, but know that no two unions are the same. Regardless of the state you reside in, divorce may occur. Therefore, know that if it is necessary, you will be able to find a divorce attorney NYC based who is more than qualified to take your case if such a need arises.