With the Australian dollar falling and the economy slowing in recent weeks, the importance of frugality has become more apparent for many Australians. Deals and discounts on many everyday products and items are becoming more in demand, and this includes deals on appliances. An emerging trend in recent times is the selling of appliances online labelled as "factory seconds". These factory seconds are sold at amazingly low prices, which tempt many to purchase right away, but also lead many to doubt the appliances' quality.
But there's more to factory seconds than their low prices, and in this article we delve into the truth behind them.
What Are Factory Seconds?
First, let us clarify what factory seconds are, specifically in appliances. Factory seconds are appliances that are in perfect working order but for one reason or another, are not sold at full price. These reasons include:
- Scratches or dents. The appliance may have been slightly and accidentally damaged in the shipping and handling, but not in any way that affected the proper functioning of the appliance.
- Ex-display models. The appliance may have been used previously as a display model in stores.
- Damaged or missing carton/box. The appliance's box may have been damaged or torn during transit, or the box may have been separated from the appliance and is no longer available.
- Run-out models. The appliance may be one of the last pieces of a certain model that the manufacturer decided to stop producing. They may be outdated or overstocks.
Some online appliance stores that sell factory seconds also sell brand new appliances complete with boxes. These stores sell practically everything that your usual appliance stores sell- washing machines, fridges, dishwashers, computers, television sets and stoves. Sydney alone has plenty of these stores, such as Electro Seconds and Seconds World, both of which are proud providers of factory second appliances.
Though sold at very low prices, most of these factory seconds still come with warranties of up to 6 years covering full parts and labour and can be delivered directly anywhere in Australia. None of them have any serious damage, and most people who purchase these products experience the same benefits as those of the products' brand new equivalents. Several online forums show that a few buyers experience some difficulties with their factory second purchases but these are minor and easily repairable.
Factory seconds can be very wise purchases, so it is perfectly fine to consider opting for them over more expensive and brand new products. To make the most of your factory seconds though, make sure to watch out for certain important details.
When Buying Factory Second Appliances Online
If you are seriously considering buying factory seconds online, make sure to look out for these factors:
- Warranty. Most factory seconds still come with their manufacturer's warranty (minimum of 12 months), and some stores such as Electro Seconds offers extended 5 years warranties for a very reasonable price.
- Functionality. Most factory seconds will function properly, but it is best to test them early on so any minor damage may be addressed.
- Delivery. Most stores will offer delivery services at reasonable prices.
- Security. Make sure that your online store is reliable and secure, with significant experience in appliance retail.
Quality, reliability and durability in appliances need not come with a hefty price tag. With Factory seconds sold online, you can get them all and stay comfortably within your budget and within your home.
Specializing in factory seconds appliances, Electro Seconds world stocks a wide range of low-priced factory seconds white goods in Sydney. Sourced directly from manufacturers, Electro Seconds appliances online are guaranteed of the best quality and lowest price. We also have quality gas cooking appliances and electric stoves Sydney.