Dale Carnegie was a best-selling author, prominent lecturer, and sought-after counselor. He's the author of "How to Win Friends and Influence People," one of the bestselling books of all time. He also authored the bestseller "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" and created the world-famous Dale Carnegie Course. Over 50 million copies of Carnegie's books have been printed in 38 languages.
Get inspired and motivated today with 10 of the most popular Dale Carnegie quotes below.
1. "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
2. "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do."
3. "Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto."
4. "Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves."
5. "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
6. "One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today."
7. "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
8. "The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it."
9. "The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way."
10. "Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success."
What is your favorite Dale Carnegie quote? Did you favorite not make this list? Be sure to share it in the comments!
To learn more about Dale Carnegie, visit his website here: http://www.dalecarnegie.com/
Here's to an inspired day and an inspired life!
Dale Carnegie was born in 1888 in Maryville, Missouri. He was devoted to public speaking from his teenage years. An aspiring actor and unsuccessful salesman, he moved to New York City and began teaching communications classes to adults at the YMCA. In 1912, the world-famous Dale Carnegie Course was born.
After serving in the army in World War I, Carnegie turned to a tour to promote his ideas about success through public speaking. In 1936, he wrote "How to Win Friends and Influence People," which became an immediate success and one of the biggest sellers of all time. He also wrote the bestselling book "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living." More than 50 million copies of his books have been printed in 38 languages.
In demand as a lecturer and writer, Carnegie began a syndicated newspaper column, had his own daily radio show, and organized the Dale Carnegie Institute for Effective Speaking and Human Relations with branches all over the world. Carnegie was convinced that it is never too late for people to realize their full potential.
Visit his training website here: http://www.dalecarnegie.com/