The average American gains a pound or more over the holidays (overweight people seem to gain more) and most never lose it. Win the battle and put some strategies in place. Check out my winning Success tips below. Let us remember Thanksgiving is a day for us to take stock, being thankful, give back to your community or those in need.
10 tips that Guarantee Success
1. Menu Plan. Shop for the foods and ingredients that you need for your daily meal plan including 2-3 snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner. For the Thanksgiving dinner, take an inventory of what is served and then cover half your plate with healthy choices such as fruits, vegetables.
2. Keep a record. Writing down everything that you eat is a great way to stay aware of what you are actually taking in.
3.Be patient. People who lose weight quickly have a harder time keeping it off. Research shows a weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week is healthy and sustainable.
4. Be consistent. Maintaining a consistent diet makes it most like likely for you to maintain your weight. Plan for special occasions such as weekends or dining out and get back on the program as soon as possible.
5.Skipping meals. Make time for breakfast. It is the most important meal. People who lose weight and keep it off eat breakfast daily.
6. Drink green tea. Numerous studies show that habitual tea drinkers had lower body-fat percentages and lower waist to hip ratios than sporadic tea drinkers. With almost no calories and a wealth of disease-fighting antioxidants, a morning cup of tea is a smart daily habit.
7. Bulk up. Eating whole grains and high fiber foods take longer to eat, are more filing and less processed and absorbed more slowly keeping your blood sugar stabled.
8. Change your mind-set. Make your new eating and activity habits as sustainable behaviors, not temporary ones you will practice for losing weight but ones for a healthy lifestyle.
9. Don’t buy the anti-carb hype and “quick fixes”. People whose diet includes healthy carbohydrates such as whole grains fruits and vegetables have healthy body composition.
10. Drink a minimum of 8 cups of water. Water is vital nutrition. You should drink a total of half of your body weight. Water brings nutrient to your cells and it also removes the toxins and waste products from your body.
Hope H. Anderson, BS, RD, LDN
I believe that knowledge can be empowering and the more we understand our bodies and the mechanisms that cause illness, the more committed we become to getting better. Through my Children’s Nutrition Corner I am devoted to educating you and your family about your body, how it works and how to nourish and heal it. http://www.hopenutrigarden.com/ and http://www.myhopenutrition.com
Hope’s mission in life is to lead by example and to help others along the way via her platforms - to provide evidence based scientific information, products/tools, services, donate to charitable causes and invitation to business opportunity for those seeking a paradigm (difference in the way you live and work).
If you want to make a difference in your life as well as helping others click here: http://hope1.nsopportunity.com