Leucorrhoea is a condition of a white discharge from the vagina and this is quite a common problem in women. It is also known as whites and can last for few days or for a few months too. This condition can become a chronic condition if not treated during the initial phase.
Herbal remedies for leucorrhoea is an effective white discharge treatment. If one has the following symptoms of white discharge, she could use herbal remedies for leucorrhoea treatment. The symptoms are: headache, weakness, foul smell, fatigue, constipation, burning sensation, itching in vagina and indigestion apart from the presence of the white discharge. The reasons for causing this condition are: toxins present in the body, infection, digestive disorders, unhygienic conditions, hormonal imbalances, lifestyle habits, eating habits and sexually transmitted diseases. The herbal remedies used as white discharge treatment are as stated below:
1. Fenugreek: Boil the fenugreek in water and cool. Strain and drink this water regularly. This is beneficial in white discharge treatment.
2. Turmeric: A mixture of turmeric and garlic or turmeric and guggul can be applied in the cases of thin vaginal discharge and thick vaginal discharge respectively.
3. Indian gooseberry: Take a mixture of the Indian gooseberry and honey every day. This is one of the effective herbal remedies for the white discharge from vagina.
4. Asafetida: Asafetida is effective in the treatment of leucorrhoea.
5. Babul: The bark of the Babul tree is beneficial. A decoction can be made using the bark and can be used as a vaginal douche for the treatment.
6. Butea: A decoction or infusion made with these Butea leaves can be used as a vaginal douche.
7. Henna: Vaginal suppositories made with henna are effective in the treatment of vaginal discharge.
8. Betel Nut: Chew betel nut after eating your meal. It is said to be useful in this condition.
9. Guava Leaves: Boil guava leaves in water for a while and then cool the water. Apply this to the vagina.
10. Walnut leaves: Boil the walnut leaves in water. Cool and use this water for douching.
11. Amalaki Seed powder: The powder of Amalaki seed can be taken with honey to reduce the white discharge.
12. Mango Seed powder: Intake of mango seed powder is also beneficial in leucorrhoea.
13. Golden Seal: Golden seal herb is used to treat infections of mucus membranes of vagina. It is one of the effective herbal remedies for leucorrhoea.
14. Lady's Mantle: Decoctions made from lady's mantle are used as douches. This helps to decrease the vaginal white discharges. It can also be mixed with rose water and used.
One can follow the herbal remedies for leucorrhoea stated above for the effective treatment of leucorrhoea. Apart from these, the woman should also take care of her diet to treat this condition. Eliminate spicy food, greasy and oily food. Also avoid foods that increase the mucus substance in the body. Instead one should increase the intake of vegetables, fresh fruits and water. Eating of a banana and drinking of cranberry juice every day is advised during this condition in women. Exercising is important and practice yoga. In yoga, some asana like Sarvang asana, pranayam or deep breathing and vajra asana are highly beneficial in white discharge treatment.