The irradiation caused on the skin as a result of repeated rubbing action is known as chafing. Commonly, chafing occurs on the nipples, near the groin region and in the underarms. However, it can also take place on other body parts which have been rubbed against something. Anyone can become a victim of chafing, but it is a problem mostly seen in people which are either obese or are in athletes.
In case, chafing on the skin lasts for several days, even after the real source of chafing is removed, then the patient must see a dermatologist. In simple words, chafing is the irritation or soreness on the skin which occurs as a result of friction. When two parts of any cloth or body are rubbed, friction is generated. It is a misconception that chafing is an indication of weight loss. The only effective treatment for chafing lies in prevention.
Quick herbal chafing remedies
* Clothes made of rough or coarse material should be avoided. It is recommended to wear hundred percent cotton fabrics rather than putting on a fabric which is made of other synthetic materials; it can cause the skin to irritate. It is one of the most effective home remedies for chafing.
* Excess of fat around the arms and inner region of the thighs explains why chafing occurs. The fat produces friction while movement which leads to chafing. Weight loss is the only home remedy for its treatment.
* If a person sweats a lot during exercising, then work out should be postponed to evenings; this will have a cooler effect on the body.
* The clothes of the patient should always be washed before wearing; this is a great prevention from chafing. Other reasons for chafing are chemicals and sweating.
* The person suffering from chafing should drink several glasses of water every day. This will prevent dehydration and allow the body cells to hydrate properly.
* In order to keep the skin dry and cool, loose fitting clothes should be worn.
* During chafing, women should quit putting on panties and men should switch to boxers; this will prevent the groin region from developing friction.
* Staying dry is a natural cure for chafing. Cornstarch and talcum powder should be used for the purpose.
* A natural cure for chafing lies in the use of home lubricants. Mix a cup of Vaseline with a cup of ointments of vitamin A and D. Then add a quarter cup of cream of vitamin E and aloe vera to give it a good fragrance and consistency. This ointment will help healing chafing and soothes the skin, while preventing any blister formation.
* Application of petroleum jelly on the chafed area is a good home remedy for chafing. This way, the friction between the folds of the skin will be avoided.
* Calendula oil is a good homemade remedy for chafing. The oil is known for its anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also a great skin healer. It helps to remove away all the irritation that results due to chafing.
* Zinc oxide makes a natural remedy for chafing. It comes in the form of paste and treats chafing well. When zinc oxide is applied on the skin, it can be wiped off using any mineral oil or olive oil.
One of the effective home remedies for chapped lips is use of slice of cucumber. This is the simple yet trustworthy way to cure the cracked lips. You can simply crush the cucumber or use cucumber slice to rub onto the affected area. Practicing this for a few weeks may work naturally.
You can also use Aloe as one of the reliable home remedies for chapped lips . There are many herbal benefits of aloe including the healing of the skin. You can use aloe pulp or can directly put the essence of Aloe. There are many herbal supplements (in the form of ointment or gel) that contain aloe as main ingredient. You can use them to get rid of dry lips.
Chapped lips are the result of dehydration in the body, especially in and around the mouth. Keep yourself hydrated and you can battle this problem. Drinking plenty of water a day is one of the effective home remedies for chapped lips.
Coconut oil helps in healing the dry and chapped lips. Apply coconut onto the affected area and it serves as one of the simple yet effective remedies for chapped lips.
The ghee according to Ayurvedic texts can be used as cure for chapped lips. Local application of the ghee can health and fill the cracks in the lips.
Rosewater and honey is also skin healer and hence can be used for chapped lips. Mix a little rosewater with a drop or two of honey and stir well. Apply this medicated solution onto the affected area. This is one of the reliable home remedies for chapped lips.