Ringing in the ears is medically known as Tinnitus. It is characterized by hissing, ringing and buzzing noises which come and go away by themselves. Ringing in the ears may be caused due to the damaged hair cells of the inner ear. Some of the common causes of ringing in the ears are; too much fluid in the ear, flu, head injuries, cold, ear infection, high blood pressure and too much wax in the ear. It can also be caused by drugs such as; quinine, alcohol, aspirin, cigarettes and antibiotics.
Ringing In The Ears Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for ringing in the ears which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for ringing in the ears are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for ringing in the ears is to avoid loud noises. Do not listen to music at high volume on your portable music device.
2. Pineapple is known to have a chemical which reduces ringing in your ears. Therefore consuming pineapple is very helpful in reducing ringing in the ears.
3. Eating dry fruits is also very beneficial as they contain anti-oxidants which help in treating constant ringing in the ears.
4. Gingko bilboa is also one of the effective home remedies for ringing in the ears. It helps in improving blood circulation in the auditory region.
5. Avoid consumption of beverages containing caffeine and alcohol.
6. Quit smoking and stay away from tobacco. Tobacco contains nicotine which makes the condition worse.
8. Tinnitus can be more distracting in quiet rooms. Try to put on some soothing background music in order to avoid distraction from tinnitus.
9. Every morning and evening make it a habit of rubbing warm sesame oil on the bone behind your ear.
10. Garlic oil is also very beneficial in treating ringing in the ears. All you need to do is take some warm garlic oil and put three drops of it in the ears before going to sleep.
11. You can even use mineral and vitamin supplements to treat ringing in the ears. But it is always better to consult your physician before taking any supplements.
12. One of the simplest home remedies for ringing in the ears is to apply warm compress on the back of the neck before going to sleep. Applying this warm compress daily for thirty minutes can prove to be beneficial in treating ringing in the ears.
13. Avoid taking aspirin as it can make your condition worse.
14. You can even try aromatherapy. It basically includes fragrant oils which are used to massage certain parts of the body or heated in a vaporizer to be inhaled.
15. Another effective home remedy is to put two drops of mineral oil, hydrogen peroxide or glycerin in the ear. Now tilt your head and allow the excess fluid to flow out of the ear. Next day repeat this process again. This will make the wax soft. Now squirt water in ear canal with the help of bulb syringe and let the water come out. You will see that the wax will come out with water.
These were some of the common home remedies for ringing in the ears which are safe to use.