Ringworm, also known as Tinea is a fungus infection which affects the nails, scalp, feet and other parts of the body. Ringworm patches are basically oval or round with scaly pink rings with clean space in the centre. It causes itching which may help in infecting other parts of the body through nails. This infection can be passed from one individual to the other by direct skin contact. It can even be contracted by coming in contact with contaminated clothes, combs, pool surfaces or shower. Minor injuries of the scalp, skin and nails, and prolonged wetness also cause ringworm.
Ringworm Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for ringworm which are simple to follow and safe to use. Some of the common home remedies for ringworm are:
1. One of the most effective and efficient home remedies for ringworm is the use of papaya. All you need to do is take a raw papaya and cut it into slices. Now rub the affected area with papaya slices. You can even use papaya seeds to treat ringworms. Just take some dried papaya seeds and make them into a paste and apply directly on the affected area.
2. Aloe vera extract is also one of the effective home remedies for ringworm. Just apply aloe vera extract on the affected area.
3. Take some leaves of cassia tree and make them into a paste. Now apply this paste on the patches. It will help in treating the irritation of the skin and give very good results.
4. Mudpack is also helpful in treating ringworm. Apply mudpack over the affected area for half an hour twice daily to get better results.
5. You can even use lavender as an effective home remedy for ringworm. Lavender helps in reducing itching and irritation. It is a powerful soothing agent which also heals the infection.
6. Tea tree oil is known to have anti-fungal property. Apply tea tree oil directly on the affected area three times a day. Make it a daily routine for a week.
7. Consuming carrot juice (300 ml) mixed with spinach juice (200 ml) is very beneficial in treatment of ringworm.
8. Apply the juice of raw turmeric on the affected area and immediately consume a mixture of turmeric juice (one teaspoon) and honey (one teaspoon) orally. This remedy is very effective in treating ringworm.
9. Take some seeds of butea and grind them into a fine paste mixed with small amount of lime juice. Now apply this paste on the patch. This can prove to be very effective in treating ringworm.
10. In order to prevent itching and to make the skin soft, apply coconut oil directly on the ringworm patch.
11. If you are suffering from scalp ringworm. Then try rubbing castor oil on the affected region of the scalp. Castor oil is a very valuable treatment for scalp ringworm.
12. A mixture of neem oil and honey is also very effective in treating ringworm. Just take a cup of aloe vera and mix a teaspoon of neem oil in it. Rub this mixture twice daily on the ringworm patches.
The above mentioned home remedies for ringworm were some of the most common home remedies which are effective and safe to use.