Tooth decay is caused by lack of care, faulty diet and bad eating habits. The decay of tooth starts with the enamel and finally reaches down the root of the tooth. Eating food products rich in compound carbohydrates as well as foods with high levels of sugar such as chocolates, candy and aerated drinks can cause tooth decay. Symptoms of the tooth decay may include bad breath and toothache.
There are several home remedies which can be tried at home with ease and convenience. Some of the popular homes remedies for tooth decay are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies is that when you are brushing your teeth, always use warm water. This will help in controlling the pain. While you are brushing your teeth remember to clean the affected area too.
2. Garlic is also considered to be one of the most popular home remedies. All you need to do is take two garlic cloves and crush them. Now put these crushed cloves of garlic on the affected area. This will not only reduce the pain but also prevent further tooth decay. Or you can even use garlic oil in place of garlic cloves.
3. Take some bay berry bark and little amount of vinegar. Now mix them together and then apply on your gums as well as teeth. It will strengthen the gums and reduce the pain.
4. Make it a daily habit after having your meals to gargle with hydrogen peroxide. This will not only kill all the harmful bacteria and the germs but also will help in preventing further tooth decay.
5. Take some turmeric powder and mustard oil. Mix them together and then apply on the affected tooth. This mixture is known to help in curing all kinds of teeth problems.
6. Ginger is also very effective in fighting tooth decay. All you need to do is cut a piece of ginger and then chew it.
7. Onion is known to be very helpful in treating this problem. Just cut a piece of onion and chew it for three to four minutes. It will kill all the harmful bacteria causing tooth decay and infection, and will also help in giving relief from the pain.
8. Take some fresh leaves of spinach and then wash them properly under tap water. Now chew these raw leaves. Make this a daily habit and you will see that your gums will become strong and the further tooth decay will be stopped.
9. Do not use ordinary toothpaste. Use some good toothpaste containing fluoride. You can even buy toothpaste which contains clove oil as one of its ingredients.
10. Consume diet rich in calcium and eat lots of vegetables and fruits every day.
11. Sunflower seeds are a rich source of fluoride, vitamin A, calcium and phosphorous. They help in strengthening the teeth and prevent bleeding of the gums.
12. Try to eat food rich in chlorophyll such as, beet, turnip, parsley, radishes and carrot. Neem twigs which are also rich in chlorophyll can be used as a brush to clean the mouth.
All the above mentioned home remedies are some of the most effective home remedies which you all can try at home.