Making the most of life means different things to different people. To determine what it means to you, you may want to do some soul-searching. Once you discover what you really desire, you can move toward it and find meaning in the process. Click to Tweet .
Helping others is an effective way to receive more fulfillment from your life. You can volunteer your time and talents or donate money or items to a worthy or charitable cause. In doing so, you may find a sense of peace and joy that you didnât have before.
Give to Others
There are some really great organizations out there that are doing wonderful work. You can give a financially to assist them. Ones that I really can get behind are:
* Kiva.org: We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world. Click Here
* Worldvision.org: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. Click Here
There are many organizations out there, just find the one that you feel most connected to. I highly recommend to ensure you have reviewed their financial accountability so you can feel comfortable that the funds are reaching the people that need it the most.
Of course, when times are tight, you may find it difficult to give financially. However, there are always ways to help.
Give of Yourself
When you give of yourself to get more joy from your life, keep in mind that giving takes many forms. Consider all that you have to offer. Sometimes just listening to someoneâs troubles or lending a hand to help can make a huge difference. By helping others to lead fulfilling lives, you will enrich your own.
To get the most from your life and move forward toward the life you desire, look for any ways that you can be a help to other people.
Try these ideas to get you started:
1. Offer time to a hospice or nursing home where you can cheer up residents.
2. Use your abilities or time to support a program that helps underprivileged people.
3. Share your time with your loved ones to help them succeed and move forward in life.
4. Provide support for animals in your community so they have shelter and food.
Give to Yourself
When you start to care for others, youâll enjoy a healthy dose of personal fulfillment, but youâll still need to tend to your own needs, too. Youâll be more helpful to others if you also take time for yourself. Rest and relaxation is important for your own life satisfaction.
Prayer and meditation can be a good way to find some peace and relaxation. The key is to find what works for you and then practice it. The better you feel and the more energy you have, the more you can offer to others. This, in turn, re-energizes you more and makes you feel even better about yourself.
Avoid worrying too much about the things you cannot change. That can be easier said than done, but itâs very important. When you get worried and stressed out, your energy is devoted to managing your challenges instead of to helping others. By focusing on the beauty in life and refraining from negativity, you usher in feelings of peace and joy.
When you feel relaxed in your mind and heart, itâs much easier to feel fulfilled and joyous. You also demonstrate harmonious living to the world, which can bring relief and happiness to others who might be struggling. In cultivating inner peace, you bring satisfaction to yourself and others, rewarding you with the fulfilling life you deserve!
Lori Lynn Smith is a passionate and an authentic teacher who shares her real life experiences about creating a more nurturing and fulfilling lifestyle. As women, mothers, lovers, sisters, friends we often forget that we need to re-charge our batteries. We need to take care of ourselves; we need to love ourselves FIRST!
It is easy to start right now, Experience our 6-Day Email Course- Body + Mind + Spirit in Balance Virtual Retreat, you will have taken the first small stepâ¦. just that easy! Click Here to receive the first email