My husband and I recently came to an understanding: we don’t have to have a weekly date night just to make our relationship a priority. An active 2-year-old, a career change, and a cross-country move has made our lives pretty hectic. But we still enjoy being with each other and wanted to make sure we were spending time together. However, not having a sitter who lived less than an hour a way sometimes made our plans for a romantic night alone go sour. We’ve recently discovered that as long as we make each other a priority, we can have date night anytime, anywhere. (Well, at least when the baby goes to sleep!)
To close out this three part series on How to Date Your Husband, I want to pass along that tip to you and also give you a few ideas for your own date night. These ideas will work if you’re short on time, money or a sitter, and they’re also a great way to add some variety to your love life. The important thing to remember is that dating your husband is about being with him and enjoying his company no matter what you’re doing.
So here we go! Ten Date Night Ideas:
1. Around the World in 7 days: Cook a different type of cuisine from a different part of the world for 7 days. Mexican, Italian, Indian, Jamaican, the list goes on. Add in some music and decorations, and you and your hubby can take a mini vacation right in the comfort of your own home.
2. Read love poems to each other
3. Workout together (and don’t forget to shower together too!)
4. Go on a picnic in your bedroom: put the kids down early if you have to, spread a blanket, pack some sandwiches and enjoy!
5. Gaze at the stars
6. Go Dancing--find a Latin restaurant that offers free Salsa lessons or turn on your favorite music and slow dance in your living room.
7. Take a bath together (be sure to light some candles, play some music and have some great aromatherapy lotions and potions)
8. Park the Car—you know the rest!
9. Recreate your first date
10. Go to Prom: get dressed up, go to a nice restaurant, and then finish the night off in the back seat of the car!
I’d love to hear some of your favorite date night ideas! Please leave a comment below and share your ideas.
Aesha Adams-Roberts, PhD, is a bestselling author, speaker, and communications expert. In her book, "Can I Help a Sister Out: How to Meet and Marry of Your Dreams" Dr. Adams-Roberts reveals the step-by-step secrets and strategies she used to meet and marry her husband in 11 short months. Her expertise is highly sought after by men and women, single and married couples alike.