In this new technology era, using Emails is the part of our life and we are now used to it. It affects our standard of living, occupation and business. It can demolish our timetable when a time comes that we come across any strong e-mail problem and we find it very difficult to send our important message to a vital addressee on time. We also found us helpless to open attachments and failure to download our incoming messages because of the excess e-mails you receive frequently.
When we come across these types of email problems we get frustrated because it wastes a lot of our time and hard work. It even means a loss of business transactions or some other delays in schedule as you have expected or planned. Here are some great tips to solve the problem of can’t open emails:-
• You must clean out your temporary files with Cleaner.
• Now reset internet explorer or the browser you are using
• Go to Tools and select Internet Options
• Choose Advanced Tab and go to Restore advanced settings.
• You must go to the security and privacy tabs
• Reset all the settings to default level or select "default" buttons
• Now update your windows and get the most recent scrap on there.
• Go there and install the latest version of Java.
• Now update the adobe flash player
• If above solution doesn't fix this problem then you should also try to re register .dll files.
You must use e-mail filters correctly. You can select the kinds of messages you want to accept commonly. You should unsubscribe from all unnecessary mailing lists or newsletters. You can use the free web mail services to access your inbox and delete messages that you do not require.
If you are unable to download Incoming Messages then you must be having too many emails in your inbox and they have already exceeded your e-mail's storage limit. You must unsubscribe from useless mails because it blocks other important messages to reach your inbox.
Sometimes we are unable to open an important attachment in our email and we face many problems and get into trouble with sending and receiving attachments, especially big files. In this case you should log out from your mail id. Now clear the browser history, cookies and files and restart your computer. Now Go to web browser and reopen your account and try to find your attachment again.