Heart-Based Time Management™ can give you keys to open new doors and explore new possibilities. Use these 3 Timely Tips and see how letting go can help you step into your own, unique power.
An excellent first step for simplifying your life and for freeing yourself up to focus on your top priorities is to revamp your to-do list. Take a good, hard look at it, and consider stripping it down to its bare essentials, using these 3 Timely Tips:
• DO: A useful to-do list never contains more than you can realistically handle on a good day. You'll be amazed at how much stress you can eliminate when you pare down your daily to-do list to what is actually do-able!
• DROP: An even MORE useful to-do list identifies what you can cut back on, if necessary, should something unexpected come up. You can move through your day In a much more flexible and grounded way, with this additional level of planning.
• DELEGATE: The MOST useful to-do-list also identifies people to whom you can delegate tasks, if needed. Delegating entails letting go, and can open countless doors for you.
Let’s explore delegating more fully; it is such a powerful (and empowering) time management skill. Delegating at its best carries these advantages:
• You free up time to accomplish important activities that only you can do, while letting go of tasks that others can do as well (or maybe even better) than you can.
• You strengthen your connection with those who assist you. Sharing responsibilities can be very helpful and empowering in family situations, as well as at work. Everyone can learn from this process. As challenges are met and hurdles overcome, trust, both in oneself and in others, deepens.
• Identifying responsibilities that others can assume promotes teamwork and balance. By placing a high premium on your time, you affirm your own worth; and it’s a sign of strength and confidence when you can let go and let others assist you.
If you tend to dismiss delegating as an option for yourself, consider these questions, the next time it arises as a possibility:
• What is more important, having the task done exactly the way you (and only you) would do it, or delegating, getting it done well enough, and reducing your stress and/or freeing up some of your time?
• If you are hesitant to ask for assistance, take a moment to think about and jot down what is standing in your way. Don’t judge your responses, and know that you needn’t make changes until you are ready. The reality is, however, that you can overcome any hurdle that holds you back, as you assign a higher value to your time than you do to the obstacle.
Your time, after all, is what your life is made of. Risks you take to claim your time and ask for help will teach and reward you, as well as encourage you to open still more doors.
So on your next to-do list, create 3 columns next to your planned activities. Label Column 1 as DO. Column 2 is DROP, and Column 3 is DELEGATE. Get into the habit of assessing which of those 3 categories each item on your list falls into.
You can make other pertinent notes in each column – and don’t forget to jot down names of people to whom you can delegate responsibilities. You’ll want to be starting discussions with them about the possibilities. As you explore letting go … and, specifically, using delegation more and more in your life, you’ll discover that it’s an excellent investment in your future.
Are you ready to start letting go and finding quality time?
To take your next step toward your Heart-Based Time Success, sign up for our free gift, the Finding Time Success Kit which includes "The New Finding Time Boundary Template: 9 Simple, Sequential Steps to Find More Time and Recharge Your Energy!" Using a workbook format, this powerful and practical time template will help you move beyond overwhelm, disappointment, and frustration and discover that 24 hours really are enough!
Offered by Paula Eder, Ph.D. The Time Finder Expert.
Paula Eder, PhD is an internationally-known coach and published author who specializes in mentoring heart-based entrepreneurs and small business owners, from the inside out, to align their core values and energy with their time choices and behaviors so that they make more money, create more freedom, and find more time.
You can learn more about Paula’s unique, Heart-Based Time Management System™ and begin your transformational journey by signing up for her Finding Time Success Kit. Discover how you can find time for what matters most.