Do you remember something you did to test the love of your beloved? Yes, I'm talking about the rose. You sat down in front of her, plucking each petal with the alternating chant of “she loves me, she loves me not.”
It was an immature action and performed as a mere joke. But you won’t deny that in one deep corner of your heart, you hoped ardently that the last petal would end on “she loves me.” There may be many times in a relationship when you fail to understand your girlfriend’s behavior, compelling you to question whether your girlfriend really loves you or not.
If you’re having second thoughts about your relationship, here are some tips on how to tell if your girlfriend loves you. You will have to be alert as they involve understanding her, reading her mind, paying attention to her body language and picking up silent cues. So, buckle up.
9 Signs Your Girlfriend Loves You
While you can go and ask her directly, this is not the right way. Take things slowly and wait ‘til it is the right time to pose a question to her. In the meantime, you can look for the following signals.
1. It is rightly said that “The eyes are the window to your soul.” When your girlfriend loves you, she will give you her undivided attention. Throughout your talk, she will look into your eyes. When someone is lying, they cannot look directly into your eyes. Eye contact is not only about paying attention to what is being said. You will also be able to see the love and longing in her eyes and the pleasure she derives from looking at you.
2. Do your brief conversations with other girlfriends (friends who are girls) turn her green with envy? This is one of the major signs that your girlfriend loves you. She fumes with anger if you compliment another woman in her presence. Though she may be talking to another person, she supervises your talk and actions with another girl from the corner of her eye and then quickly looks away when you spot her.
3. There have been many times when you got irritated at the endless list of questions (personal and general) she darted towards you to be answered. She asked you about your family, your personal life (past and present), your goals and ambitions, your hobbies and interests. On the other hand, she was also very transparent about her own life. You wonder why all the unnecessary probing? Hang on. This is another sign that your girlfriend loves you. She asks because she cares for you and everything that you hold important.
4. Next on the list of how to tell if your girlfriend loves you is to try and decipher her body language. She may convey her love this way by insisting on holding your hand when out for a walk, bumping her leg against yours or gently stroking your arm.
5. Does your girlfriend rush to your aid when you need her the most? Is she the one to nurse you back to health in times of sickness, without caring a bit about the inconvenience it causes to herself? If the answer to both questions is yes, it is another indication that your girlfriend truly loves you and this is a relationship that will last. A true girlfriend comforts you when in trouble, makes you feel better when low in spirits and gets worried when you are upset.
6. She showers you with gifts and compliments. She celebrates the big and small events of your life and makes them truly special.
7. If your girlfriend truly loves you, she won’t be ashamed to introduce you to her friends, family and colleagues. She loves to talk to others about you because you are an important part of her life.
8. A girlfriend who truly loves her boyfriend feels happy in his presence. There is a different glow on her face when with him. She makes silly excuses to meet him. She thinks he is her tower of strength and turns to him in difficulties with the faith that he will always be there.
9. The last sign consists of three magical words: “I Love You”. If she utters them, it banishes all doubts of her love for you.
What about cheating? Find out if your girlfriend is cheating on you with another guy….or girl?
Love relationship expert Marlon Raye has dedicated his career to helping people through the ups and downs that relationships serve to us.