Homemade multi grain pancakes are delicious and in the same time healthy. They can be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack. Homemade pancakes are great idea when you have some friends coming to you or when you have picky eaters in your family. There are many different ways of making pancakes and you can add almost every fruit to them and not only. Moreover, you can make pancakes with addition of chocolate or with addition of yogurt, honey, peanut butter or even with ricotta cheese. This recipe is made without any special additives because I leave it for you to decide what would you like to add to your homemade pancakes.
This recipe is very easy to make and it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare the pancakes. All you will need to prepare the batter are two separate bowls and fork or spoon to mix the batter. To cook the pancakes you can use griddle or just a frying pan. Always remember to flip pancakes only one time when cooking them because you don’t want to make them rubbery. To top pancakes you can use any syrup you like or sprinkle your pancakes with some nuts and sliced fruits. Here is the recipe for homemade multi grain pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups plain Yogurt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make multi grain pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs and oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours, oats, baking soda and baking powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and grease it with few drops of oil.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2/3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and with desired topping.