A well designed ornamental pond provides many hours of enjoyment for the whole family.Never leave children alone.It includes a step or a protrusion to a foot of depth along the edge of the pond so that you can leave with ease.
Make sure the location is not on pipes, wiring, drains or septic tanks.
An external wrench is required, so you can add water with the hose if necessary.Small ponds may need water every week during the hottest months of the year.
Here are some key considerations on installing and using garden ponds.
1. For the pond to be a success there must be a balance between the sun and the shade.
2. If you want water plants to grow with flowers, they will need sun.
3. If you plan to incorporate fish into the pond, balance the sun with a little shade during the hottest parts of the day.The shade can come from aquatic plants or edge shrubs.
4. The partial shade is suitable for small ponds,Because high water temperatures lead to excessive growth of algae and increase evaporation of water.
5. Try not to build the pond near large trees. Falling leaves or needles can contaminate the water and accumulate in the bottom, Obstructing the pumping or filtration system. If you have no choice, place a network or a screen in the fall.
6. Locate the pond in a protected area of the wind so that it does not get dirty and so that the source can operate normally.
7. Any protrusion or empty space below may cause the vessel to crack or deform.
1. The fish reduce the mosquito population by eating the larvae, and also help control the algae.
2. Excess fish food contaminates water.
1. Ponds formal usually have geometric shapes and have an artificial appearance.
2. If your garden style is formal, the pond should be formal too.
3. Ponds informal are like ponds and streams that form naturally.
4. They are usually of irregular forms and there is usually a small stream or a small waterfall that falls between the natural rocks.
1. The murmur that produces the jet of a fountain can be harmonious and relaxing.
2. Place the source in a protected area so that the blows of wind do not deform the stream of water nor spread it out.
3. Choose a font that fits the size and style of your pond.
1. The filters help keep the pond healthy and balanced, as well as increasing the transparency of the water.
2. If your goal is to own a small ornamental pond with a few fish and plants,It will not be a problem for the water to darken slightly from time to time.
3. If you want a crystal clear water or you are going to raise a large number of fish, there is no doubt that a filter will be of great help to you.
1. Underwater lighting is a widely used option.
2. You can also use spotlights to illuminate large trees or shrubs in the surroundings and reflect light on the surface of the pond.
3. On the other hand, the lights at the edge of the pond that illuminate the waterfalls or fountains produce a beautiful effect.
1. Plants and fish keep the water balance and add life and color to the pond.
2. Plants floating maintain cooler water and limit the growth of algae.
3. Small ponds are usually covered by 50 or 70%.
4. Plants submerged or oxygenating play a very important role in the ecological balance of the pond.They grow completely underwater and serve as shelter and food for fish.
5. Remove leaves from plants when vegetation has grown to excess.
1. The main problem is algae.
2. Algae are lovers of the sun.
3. It is better to place the pond in a shady area 6 or 7 hours a day than in full sun at all times.
4. Water lilies and floating plants shade the surface of the water and help in this regard.
5. Avoid organic waste in the pond.
6. The movements of water (fountains, fountains, waterfalls) provide oxygen and are very beneficial.
7. In spring your pond will be slightly green and cloudy; This happens even in the best balanced ponds,
8. There are antialgae products. Well employees do not have problems for either fish or aquatic plants. While, We must try to solve problems naturally before resorting to chemicals. In some cases there is no other remedy.
9. Eliminates algae with a stick and a net.
I am Ross Tailor. Both gardening and blogging is my passion.
I do experiment on gardening tools and share my thoughts among social circles.
One of my website on gardening: https://agreatgarden.com/