Menopause home remedies
In this article I am going to discuss about Menopause and home remedies that can be easily followed.
Menopause is the period of natural cessation of menstruation in women occurring usually between the age of 45 and 50. If menopause occurs before 45, then it is known as early menopause. In some women, the menopausal changes take place without any unpleasant symptoms. The only change is that the menstrual flow stops.
Menopause symptoms -
Hot flashes, disturbed sleep, night sweats, diminished interest in sex, irritability, depression, fatigue, headache, vaginal dryness, dry skin, wrinkles, anxiety, backache, increase in palpitation, numbness etc. The above symptoms occur due to hormonal imbalance. The production of the hormones, estrogen, and progesterone gets slowed down.
Menopause, Hot flashes home remedies -
- Increase the intake of Soybeans, Garlic, Apples, Pumpkin seeds, Wheat, Beets, cabbage, Oats and Cucumber.
- Mild work out and jogging is good for menopausal women.
- A glass of Carrots and Beets juice is advisable once a day. Freshly prepared fruit juices are highly recommended.
- Soya foods are highly recommended as they help to increase the level of Estrogen in the body.
- Use of Licorice is also recommended for menopausal disorders. Helps also with high blood pressure.
- Take foods rich in Vitamin E like raw sprouted seeds.
- Avoid sweetened beverages, oily, spicy foods.
- Hot weather and warmer room temperatures may trigger a problem of hot flashes. So try to avoid them.
- Smoking may increase hot flashes, hence avoid it.
- Coconut water is a good source of potassium. It may help to reduce neurological problems associated with menopause.
- Eating a few Sunflower seeds daily is also advisable.
- Calcium deficiency occurs during menopause. Hence foods rich with Calcium and vitamin D are recommended. Sources of Calcium should include milk products, cheeses, beans etc.
- Intake of Prime Rose oil is good. Take 4-5 drops of this 2 to 3 times a day.
- The powder mixture of Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera and Bacopa Monnieri is advisable. Mix both of these in equal parts. Take 1 teaspoon powder of this mixture twice daily. It will help to calm down irritability of menopausal women. This combination has a higher efficacy to check the emotional problems associated with menopause also. Ashwagandha and Bacopa, Jatamansi (mentioned below) are also available as combination herbal supplements.
- Nardostachys Jatamansi or Spikenard is effective to relieve the emotional problems occurring during menopause. The herb counteracts the effect of mental stress and anxiety disorders by its tranquillizing action. Ref : (Handa SS, 1994, Pharma Times, 26/3) 17-25, Kuppurajan K et al, 1992 J of Res in Ayur and siddha v 13 (3-4), 107 – 116).
- Spirulina is also effective in Menopause as it contains GLA(Gamma Linolenic Acid).
Women should not worry too much about getting old or losing their beauty as this is only a natural process and take aging in strides. I hope the above listed home remedies for menopause symptoms would help all.
By Satya Narayana
Dr. Satya Narayana is the moderator and editor of this article originally written by Dr. Veena Deo, an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided above and opinions expressed above should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. Any statements made above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed above are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. To consult Dr. Satya Narayana, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. P.V. Satyanarayana B.A.M.S, M.D.
All the information provided above and opinions expressed above should not be construed as medical advise. This information is provided for educational purposes only.
I am an Ayurveda based Medical officer and a clinical research investigator in the alternate medicine field. I address and offer choices to people for a holistic and alternative approaches to health. I have over 15 years of experience in my field of expertise. I am also a new product consultant for Herbal Destination, USA, offering new, innovative ideas and formulations in the field of herbal supplements, pain relief products and natural skincare solutions. I write articles on various health subjects that are published and listed on various sites.