A passing comment by my friend, Stephen, made me stop and think… It was a brilliant insight.
"What’s here that doesn’t need to be here? What’s not here, that needs to be here?"
We were talking about how we would train wait-staff about clutter on a restaurant table, but imagine the implications if you applied that insight to any problem…
– Is there physical, mental, and emotional clutter just hanging around?
– Are you holding on to ideas that no longer serve a purpose?
– Do you feel disorganized at work - physically, emotionally, and mentally?
Mind-clutter- things, ideas, and emotions that are blocking you from your potential.
1. Identify the essential. What is important?
2. Identify what to eliminate. What’s not essential?
3. Recognize the impacts of both essential and eliminate.
4. Let go.
5. Create strategies to stay de-cluttered.
"Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." ~Albert Einstein
Learn to Inspire, Influence and Get Real Results! There is no better way to market your business and services then telling people what you do… Sharon Sayler, MBA, helps leaders, executives, and business owners inspire employees, grow companies and increase their sales by teaching them to become powerful and influential communicators. Visit www.sharonsayler.com for more great ideas and free white papers.