Grand gestures are great in the movies. But, in the real world with kids, bills, jobs and housework, everyday romance is better than any single gesture of love. Romance starts with the little things. Until you get that ironed down, all the sweeping gestures will fall flat. That is not to say they will not work. A fat, 10 carat, pink diamond will give the relationship a boost. But, unless you play for the NBA and are prepared to pull out your black card every few months, it is best to iron down the basics.
Small, romantic gestures can be more powerful than their expensive counterparts. A way to a womanâs heart is through her feelings. She needs an emotional connection to make everything feel right. The little things that show you consider her happiness and well-being make her feel appreciated, loved and adored. And that, my friend, is romance.
Is the concept still foggy? Here are a few ideas to try out:
1. Praise her regularly. Women love to give and receive compliments. It doesnât matter if you compliment the sparkle in their eyes when they laugh, or a new spice in the meatloaf. Just make it as specific and sincere as possible.
2. Touch her lovingly during everyday situations. Lay your hand on her lap under the dinner table or put your arm around her when watching television. Physical touch, without expectation, builds a connection and is the epitome of romance.
3. Call her by a pet name. Pet names are nicknames made perfect. A carefully given pet name sets your relationship apart from others. The right name shows you care enough to give her an intimate title suited to your special bond. No matter how silly, the key is to use the name with confidence.
4. Bring her something without her asking. For example, when at the gas station, buy her favorite drink when you pay for the gas. Hand her the beverage with a kiss on the cheek. Or simply bring her a glass of ice water on a hot summer day.This is more about being thoughtful than reading her mind - simple and romantic.
5. Glance her way. Romantic body language goes a long way during day to day activities. A special glance across the room while the kids, are playing creates a special moment. Do it just right, and a deep focused stare becomes an invitation for much more to come.
6. Show out like a teenager. Yes, you are all grown up, but teens know how to throw caution to the wind and enjoy life. Public displays of affection are trÃ¨s romantic. So, flirt, hold hands, kiss in public places and announce your love to the world.
7. Help out with âherâ chores. Does she always load and unload the dishwasher. Take the initiative and complete this task for her. Better yet, when she gets up to clear the table, take the plates off her and say ovingly, âHoney, Iâll take care of this. Go relax. You deserve a break.â Donât ask. Just tell her you want to help, do it and do it how SHE likes it done. If she like the glasses on the top rack, put them there and donât forget to scrub the pots and wipe down the counter.
8. Pamper her properly. Offer to scrub her back when she is in the shower, and donât get in unless she gives an invitation. Give her a shoulder massage longer than 60 seconds. Go all out and paint her toes. Donât worry; the fellas never have to know.
This article written by Don Diebel (America's #1 Singles Expert). If you would like more free dating tips on how to successfully meet, date, attract, and seduce single women, please visit his website at: www.getgirls.com This article is copyright (c) 2011 by Don Diebel and may be reprinted in it's entirety as long as his website, byline, and copyright statement is included. He also features books, cd's, dvd's, cassettes, pheromone products on meeting, attracting, and seducing women at: Gemini Publishing