With final exams approaching, the first thing that the students studying in class IX would be looking out for is good quality class 9 sample papers. There are a lot of publishers that provide model papers/ sample papers for class 9, but it is very important for students to only practice using good quality sample papers. In order to study with the help of the best available sample papers, students are suggested to first skim through at least a few sample papers by prominent publishers. The next step is to then look out for essential features like- are the sample papers aligned to the latest curriculum and follow the latest marking scheme, are the solutions in the class 9 sample papers succinct & apt, etc before deciding on the best sample paper.
How to practice from class 9 sample papers
Thorough practice sessions can guarantee students an excellent performance in exams. Practicing with the help of the class 9 sample papers in an ‘exam’-like atmosphere can help students arrive at an examination strategy that can make scoring good marks in exams easy. While attempting these mock test papers students can follow these steps to make the most out of such practice sessions.
• While attempting the test paper students are suggested to first glance through the entire question paper that will help them assess their preparation levels for the exams with respect to their understanding of concepts in the subject and exam taking skills.
• The next important step is to prepare an examination strategy that will help them complete their test paper within the stipulated time. The most important aspect of formulating an examination strategy is to allocate time for each question. It is also very important for the student to set aside some time for revising the answer sheet so as to ensure that they have not missed out on any question and have properly attempted all questions.
• While attempting class 9 sample paper or the final test paper, students should first attempt questions that they are completely confident about. This will help build momentum and will give the student the right level of confidence to complete the examination in time.
• While writing an answer, students should appropriately highlight the important points in the answer. Such highlighting in the answer will ensure that the examiner doesn’t miss out on the key points and is able to get suitably impressed by the answer to award good marks.
• Half way through the exam, students should again revise their examination strategy and make necessary amendments if required, to ensure that they complete the examination well within the stipulated period.
• While attempting the mock test/class 9 sample paper students should try to complete their exam within the time limit and not waste their precious time on unimportant activities like beautifying the answer sheet, erasing the wrong answer etc.
Students should keep all these essential points in mind in order to perform well in their exams. There are a few educational websites that provide curriculum-aligned class 9 sample papers in MCQ & descriptive formats along with detailed solution sheet to help students prepare well for their exams. Try out these websites for an enhanced study experience.
Ashutosh Sharma writes articles for students of NCERT CBSE, ICSE, Maharashtra Board, Karnataka Board and Tamil Nadu Matriculation Board to help them score well in exams. To get more information about ncert solutions, class 9 sample papers, sample question papers, CBSE papers, online CBSE tutorial, CBSE solved papers, CBSE sample papers and CBSE syllabus please visit at Meritnation.