All one ought to know about constipation
Constipation has recently become a day to day problem. It generally refers to changes in bowel habits, although it has different meanings. In such cases, stools may either be too hard, small, infrequent or difficult to pass. People with constipation are likely to experience that their bowel is not empty or a frequent need for straining. One can keep all their pain and tension away by availing the benefits of instant home remedies to treat constipation.
Some of the common causes of constipation in adults include
- Poor diet
- Poor bowel habits
- Alcohol and caffeine intake
- Inadequate fluid intake
- Changes in lifestyle
- Certain medications.
Some of the common symptoms of constipation in adults include:
- Bad breath, bad taste and coated tongue
- Loss of appetite, headache, and distended abdomen
- Inability in passing gas, no defecation, vomiting, nausea, and intestinal obstruction
- Change in the bowel habits, sense of bloating, excessive gas, crampy abdominal pain, and irritable bowel syndrome
- Passing hard stool post prolonged straining
- Difficult and infrequent passage of stool
- Difficulty in both starting and ending a bowel movement
Top instant home remedies for constipation
- Taking 1 teaspoon roasted fennel seeds together with 1 glass warm water at bedtime are the best constipation remedies for adults.
- Bale fruits contain the best laxative properties amongst all fruits as it helps in cleaning and toning up the intestines thereby giving relief from constipation.
- Phyllium Husk is a natural herb that avoids constipation. Mix 1 tablespoon phyllium husk to a glass of water and drink this first thing in the morning and get instant relief from constipation.
- Eating prunes or drinking prune juice work wonders as an effective constipation remedy. Prunes are rich in fiber and it also contains a stool-loosening sugar called sorbitol that helps in relieving constipation naturally. Sorbitol; the mild colonic stimulant aids in reducing the transmit time of stool and thereby decreases the chances of constipation. For those who do not like the unique taste of this fruit can try prune juice as a palatable alternative. This is one of the top instant home remedies for constipation.
- Another most effective constipation remedies for adults is to drink a glassful of lukewarm milk daily prior to going to bed. When constipation is severe, one can add 2 teaspoons pure castor oil with the milk.
- Eating a diet rich in natural fiber helps in bulking up stools and thereby prevents constipation. This is the easiest and simplest way to overcome constipation naturally.
Avail the benefits of these natural remedies and feel the difference within a brief span of time.