Think about this:
If I asked you now “What would your life need to look like for you to say that you are living your dreams?” how difficult or easy would it be for you to answer that?
How clear are you on what you want?
The reason that it's so important to know what you want in life is that because, unless you know what you want you’re very unlikely to ever get it!
Here are the main reasons why most people – and possibly you – aren’t clear on what you want, and therefore rarely get what you want.
- You’ve never thought about it because you experience life as a bystander – life happens ‘to’ you
- You don’t think it’s possible for you to have it anyway so what’s the point in thinking about it
- You think that your dreams are too big to happen and you should just keep your head down, be more realitic and just get on with things
- You think it’s selfish, bad or wrong to want something good for yourself
- You don’t know HOW it could happen so you give up before you’ve even started
- You are afraid to get excited about something and then end up being disappointed if it doesn’t happen so you live in a perpetual state of disappointment instead
- You don’t think you deserve it
- You don’t love yourself enough to think that it’s OK for you to have it
- You think that we live in a limited universe where there simply isn’t enough for everybody, so it’s responsible (or even spiritual) to go without
- You buy into the limitations of those around you, and the media, e.g.
-- “It’s recession and people don’t have money”
-- “That’ll never work because … “
-- “It’s not that easy, because…”
Remember that often the people who shoot down your ideas are frustrated themselves that they’ve not been able to create their dreams and may have given up on their own dreams!
- You are afraid of failing, or getting it wrong, or looking like a fool, or being ridiculed, or laughed at. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we here have the classic “What if?”:
-- “What if I fail?”
-- “What if people think I’m stupid?”
-- “What if I get rejected?”
-- “What if […fill in the blank….]?”
- The classic ‘if/then’ scenario, where you are waiting for things to be perfect
-- “If I have more time, then I’ll do it…”
-- “If I have more money, then I’ll do it…”
-- “If the economy picks up, then …”
-- “If I get that new job, [car, partner, …fill in the blank…] then …”
Usually, of course, ‘then’ never comes.
- The classic ‘YES/BUT’ argument, guaranteed to kill any dream:
-- “Yes but I don’t know enough!”
-- “Yes but I don’t have enough time!”
-- “Yes but I don’t have the right qualification, or enough experience!”
-- “Yes but […fill in the blank…]
The only problem with all of these limitations is that if you insist on them, you’ll get to be right.
If you tell yourself that you cannot succeed because you don’t have enough experience, you’ll get to be right.
If you insist that you cannot do what you love for a living because there’s not enough money in it, you’ll get to be right.
If you insist that people don’t have money, or won’t want to pay you for what you have to offer, you’ll get to be right.
And as we all know, the best part of being right is, of course, being able to say afterwards “See, I TOLD you so!”
It’s ok to argue for your limitations (you always have free choice) – but recognise that won’t get to be right because “that is the way it is”; you’ll get to be right because you would have created it so.
It’s not that reality creates beliefs, it’s that beliefs create reality.
As Neville says ‘Experience has convinced me that an assumption, though false, if persisted in will harden into fact.”
If you want to find out more, learn more, discover more and create more, visit http://moneymakingmoves.net now.
Bennie Naude left a successful 20-year IT career to follow his heart to help people; less than a year later he was virtually bankrupt and slept on the floor for 6 months.
Blending true, tried and tested principles around wealth creation with modern-day Energy Psychology techniques he was able to only to turn his life around but also help others to do the same.
He now lives and travels around the world, doing what he loves and loving what he's doing - inspiring people into greatness and success all over the world.
He created an unusual programme, Money Making Moves, in 2012 - sharing what he's learnt.