Think about this:
If I asked you now âWhat would your life need to look like for you to say that you are living your dreams?â how difficult or easy would it be for you to answer that?
How clear are you on what you want?
The reason that it's so important to know what you want in life is that because, unless you know what you want youâre very unlikely to ever get it!
Here are the main reasons why most people â and possibly you â arenât clear on what you want, and therefore rarely get what you want.
- Youâve never thought about it because you experience life as a bystander â life happens âtoâ you
- You donât think itâs possible for you to have it anyway so whatâs the point in thinking about it
- You think that your dreams are too big to happen and you should just keep your head down, be more realitic and just get on with things
- You think itâs selfish, bad or wrong to want something good for yourself
- You donât know HOW it could happen so you give up before youâve even started
- You are afraid to get excited about something and then end up being disappointed if it doesnât happen so you live in a perpetual state of disappointment instead
- You donât think you deserve it
- You donât love yourself enough to think that itâs OK for you to have it
- You think that we live in a limited universe where there simply isnât enough for everybody, so itâs responsible (or even spiritual) to go without
- You buy into the limitations of those around you, and the media, e.g.
-- âItâs recession and people donât have moneyâ
-- âThatâll never work because â¦ â
-- âItâs not that easy, becauseâ¦â
Remember that often the people who shoot down your ideas are frustrated themselves that theyâve not been able to create their dreams and may have given up on their own dreams!
- You are afraid of failing, or getting it wrong, or looking like a fool, or being ridiculed, or laughed at. Yes ladies and gentlemen, we here have the classic âWhat if?â:
-- âWhat if I fail?â
-- âWhat if people think Iâm stupid?â
-- âWhat if I get rejected?â
-- âWhat if [â¦fill in the blankâ¦.]?â
- The classic âif/thenâ scenario, where you are waiting for things to be perfect
-- âIf I have more time, then Iâll do itâ¦â
-- âIf I have more money, then Iâll do itâ¦â
-- âIf the economy picks up, then â¦â
-- âIf I get that new job, [car, partner, â¦fill in the blankâ¦] then â¦â
Usually, of course, âthenâ never comes.
- The classic âYES/BUTâ argument, guaranteed to kill any dream:
-- âYes but I donât know enough!â
-- âYes but I donât have enough time!â
-- âYes but I donât have the right qualification, or enough experience!â
-- âYes but [â¦fill in the blankâ¦]
The only problem with all of these limitations is that if you insist on them, youâll get to be right.
If you tell yourself that you cannot succeed because you donât have enough experience, youâll get to be right.
If you insist that you cannot do what you love for a living because thereâs not enough money in it, youâll get to be right.
If you insist that people donât have money, or wonât want to pay you for what you have to offer, youâll get to be right.
And as we all know, the best part of being right is, of course, being able to say afterwards âSee, I TOLD you so!â
Itâs ok to argue for your limitations (you always have free choice) â but recognise that wonât get to be right because âthat is the way it isâ; youâll get to be right because you would have created it so.
Itâs not that reality creates beliefs, itâs that beliefs create reality.
As Neville says âExperience has convinced me that an assumption, though false, if persisted in will harden into fact.â
If you want to find out more, learn more, discover more and create more, visit http://moneymakingmoves.net now.
Bennie Naude left a successful 20-year IT career to follow his heart to help people; less than a year later he was virtually bankrupt and slept on the floor for 6 months.
Blending true, tried and tested principles around wealth creation with modern-day Energy Psychology techniques he was able to only to turn his life around but also help others to do the same.
He now lives and travels around the world, doing what he loves and loving what he's doing - inspiring people into greatness and success all over the world.
He created an unusual programme, Money Making Moves, in 2012 - sharing what he's learnt.