Maintaining public restrooms in commercial areas can be a challenge unless you possess excellent tile and grout cleaners. Steam cleaners are ideal tile and grout cleaners for many reasons:
1. Low water consumption: Steam cleaners use dry steam with as little as 5% water content. This means they use little water during the cleaning process, creating less of a mess to clean up.
2. Remove all types of dirt: Tile and grout cleaners should be able to remove mineral stains, fungi, soap scum, and other types of dirt. A steam cleaner offers all these benefits.
3. Eliminate germs: Public restrooms are often covered with germs. Powerful tile and grout cleaners with anti-bacterial capabilities remove germs from toilet seats, faucets, sinks, tile, door handles, trash bins, and other fixtures in the bathroom. Tile and grout cleaners with anti-bacterial technologies can remove more than 99 percent of bacteria on the surface to keep restrooms safe and germ-free .
4. Remove allergens: Grout steam cleaner machines that have a wet/dry vacuum feature with HEPA filters remove most allergens from restrooms. These include dander, hair, dust mites, and pollen.
5. Work nonstop: Many commercial steam cleaners have one major disadvantage. They do not operate nonstop. Machines must be shut down and cooled in order to refill. This can affect the productivity of your business. However, reputable suppliers do sell machines with continuous refill technology that allow a separate tank to be refilled even while the machine is running. Water is transferred from this tank into the boiler as needed. This eliminates the need to stop the cleaning operation to refill the boiler. It also maintains constant boiler pressure and temperature throughout the operation.
6. Reasonable pricing and long-term costs: Commercial grout cleaning machines are often very expensive. However, long term costs can also be high. Look for dealers who offer discounts and pricing advantages over the course of the machine. Also, steam cleaner boilers are often the most expensive component of grout steam cleaner machines. Therefore, you should purchase machines from dealers who offer a lifetime warranty on the boiler. A replaceable heating element is another bonus; it eliminates the need to replace the entire boiler should the heating element break down. Purchase machines from dealers who supply detailing brushes at low prices. Expensive detailing brushes significantly increase the cost of using grout cleaning machines.
7. Good quality: Operating costs and productivity depend on the quality of your tile cleaning equipment. Machines that break down frequently or cannot run nonstop under extreme conditions are not suited for commercial use. Purchase machines that have stainless steel boilers, heavy-duty construction, durable brushes and attachments, and more.
8. Suitable detailing brushes: Without durable detailing brushes, cleaning is difficult. Stainless steel brushes are the best for removing soap scum, water stains, and minerals from tiles, while softer brass or nylon brushes and microfiber towels are suitable for fixtures such as mirrors, windows, vinyl, rubber, and painted or chrome surfaces. Use the latter for surfaces that may be scratched or damaged by abrasive stainless steel brushes.
Tile & grout cleaners has many other features to select from, depending on cleaning requirements. Selecting a tile cleaning machine without vacuum extraction may save you money, as long as manual clean up is not an issue. At the other end are super-duty industrial grade machines that have pressure levels as high as 150 psi, featuring both dry and wet vacuum extraction, HEPA filter, and near-total germ elimination. To find the right machine for you, look for reputable suppliers with on-staff product specialists to guide you in selecting the best specifications.